STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of June 2, 2004 meeting

Present:
Sandy Bodner (recorder), Michelle Best, Sal Cardinale, Azon DeChavez, Pat Jones (Chair), Julie Kaufman, Yuhwei Ling , Clothilde Twagiramariya

Agenda

  1. Title Changes (New titles in bindery folder)
  2. Adding Oversized Publications to Bindery Folder
  3. MARC Problems

The meeting did not follow the sequence listed in the agenda.

Julie opened the meeting and announced that Natasha Owens will be starting on June 7 as a receiver at Alex and the other receivers will be training her. Julie also told the receivers at LSM to continue to send to her all Taylor & Francis titles that were sent to them instead of Alex.

1. We were told by Sal not to remove any of the bind #’s and we should no longer use “Update” if a record is not a 108 or 32249.

2. Sal will discuss with Ian the other questions raised regarding the bindery folder and will ask Ian to write a standard sheet for the Bindery folder for LSM & Alex to follow.

3. MARC Problems

If we continuously receive duplicates we should bring to the attention of the Claims Person.

If we receive multiple supplements regularly, we should give it to the Receiving Coordinator to decide if it should have it’s own record.

Decisions

  1. Taylor & Francis titles coming to LSM incorrectly should continue to be sent to Julie at Alex.
  2. Do not remove Bind # and no longer use “Update” if a record is not a 108 or a 32249
  3. Ian should write a standard sheet for the Bindery Folder for LSM & Alex
  4. If extended information is incorrect, receivers can correct
  5. Do not delete the 852’s when pattern is changed
  6. Swat Team box is only for Missing captions & patterns tags and the Holdings box is for messy Marcs (non compressed records, dead titles etc.)
  7. If we continuously receive duplicates we should bring to the attention of the Claims Person
  8. If we receive multiple supplements regularly, give to Receiving Coordinator to decide if it needs it’s own record.

Pending

  1. Ian’s standards sheet for the Bindery Folder.

Meeting Adjourned : 11:45 am

Next meeting July 13 th at LSM

Next recorder: Sal Cardinale
Back-up Recorder Azon DeChavez



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/receiving/minutes/receiving_04-06-02.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2017, Rutgers University Libraries