Minutes of June 16, 2008 meeting
- Joseph Asaro, Zohreh Bonianian, Kevin Conover, Jennifer Holland, Eva Kalamotousis, Kristen Ko, Jill Locasio,
Irina Lotchkina, Ramon Negron, Gillian Newton, John Rake, Alfreda Richardson, Abdullah Sherzad(recroder), Penny Weniger
- Linda Becker, Debra Goldberg, Christine Duffy, Shawn Rogers
- Exceptions Report
- Annual Report
- Discussion Topic
- New Item Type
- Information Sharing
Penny Weniger introduced herself as the new coordinator of the reserve group. She also asked the members of the group to
introduce themselves, and thanked Zohreh Bonianian for her dedicated service as the coordinator during the past 4 years.
The exception report was generated for each library and distributed to the various members of each unit. These reports list
temporary brief records which need to be removed manually.
The group reviewed procedures for overdue reserve items. During the fall and spring semester, a report is generated at 11pm
which outlines which reserve items are still charged out. Please check the report and delete it after it is cleared.
Annual report goals: This has been a very active year in which many changes have been implemented. The shift from C-Client
to J-Client Workflows, redesigned documentation page, the increase in reserve limit from 40 to 50 items, and the updated
online reserve request form have all been handled extremely well.
A future project will be to design on online Reserve form for submitting e-files.
- This year there will be a win eres directory on the server. In prior semesters, we would place the material in the spring
folders on the U drive and also in the spr eres directory and the reserve items would be removed by the end of the spring
semester. Systems has informed us to no longer use the spring folder for winter material. It was suggested to change the
removal of the reserve control records from fall to mid February and to include the winter reserve control records as well. A
problem that may arise is that a book placed on reserve for fall may be needed at other locations for spring, and the fall
removal date is late for sending items needed for spring. Another option is to remove the winter reserve items manually and
leave the fall reserves expiration date and the removal will stay the same. The reserve group members will monitor and will
make a decision on how to approach winter reserve in future.
- Due to the item type change we have had to change the "add brief item" properties from "item cat1-techsr" to blank. In
addition to the change in properties, Penny Weniger, Jill Locasio, Eva Kalamotousis, and Ramon Negron will be part of a
subgroup to test possible changes/problems that have come about due to the new item type change. They will meet at the
Douglass Library July 17th 2008, and use 'test workflows' to determine what changes will need to be made.
- Accomplishments of the prior year were recognized, and goals for this year were discussed.
- It is not clear if Zohreh will continue to attend the reserve group meetings.
- Kristen Ko will be joining the Billing group, and will no longer attend the reserve group meetings. Zohreh thanked Kristen for her good work on the creation of and her continued work of the Access database for purchases as well as the excellent minutes she has taken over the past 4 years. Abdullah Sherzad will take the minutes in the future for the group.
- Jill Locasio will also take over the management for the Access database and Kristen suggested Jill attend one of the TEC workshops on working with Access.
- Penny expressed an interest in having the group gather at the Music Library for a demo on how John Rake processes music audio reserves, perhaps over winter intersession when traveling is eased on campus.
- Zohreh thanked the group for their input and support for the past years of service.
The next meeting, if deemed necessary, will be on the 20th of August, 2008, place and time TBA