Minutes of July 21, 2010 meeting
- Zohreh Bonianian, Kevin Conover, Eva Kalamotousis, Jill Locascio, Irina Loutchkina, Ramon Negron, Gillian Newton (recorder), John Rake, Alfreda Richardson, Penny Weniger
- Absent: Shawn Rogers, Linda Becker
- Debra Goldberg, Joseph Asaro, Abdullah Sherzad
- Judy Gardner
- Review of the draft of the E-Reserves redesign outline
- Next steps
- Project Assignments
- Penny distributed the Reserves Exception Reports
- Reserves Group meeting schedule for the next six months is posted on Sakai. Next meeting is August 18 at 3pm at Alexander.
- Judy Gardner updated the group on changes to the Reserves Collection Development policy approved by the LRC. Reserves staff may now indicate the home location of an item ordered for reserves if that location is different from its immediate reserve location. E books for reserve were discussed by LRC. Currently there is no policy for E books requested for reserve. Other formats like streaming video were also discussed.
- Other changes to the text of reserve policies in Staff Resources, discussed at our last meeting, were approved by LRC. Text Book policy has been revised to allow for more flexibility to purchase if deemed necessary.
Review of the draft of the E-Reserves redesign outline:
After discussion it was decided that the first step was to conceptualize how the new e-reserves process would work.
Points to consider are:
- What we are doing now and what we will no longer be doing. After redesign only physical copies will be processed by current reserves staff. Articles will be delivered directly to faculty through ILL/Article Delivery Services for integration to course management software.
- How to explain the new process to faculty and present to USC/Cabinet
- Consider possible new name for ILL/Article Delivery service to include new service
Most important next steps include a review and revision of current documentation and a written draft of a release
statement for users of E-Reserves, to explain the new process and the rationale for this change.
- Gill and Jill will draft a release statement
- Zohreh, Eva and Gill will review and revise current documentation and forms.
- John will compose a draft document of procedures for media reserves
- Kevin, Ramon and Gill will review the ILLIAD user interface for possible revisions
- Penny will meet with ILL and Imaging services supervisors.
Next meeting: August 18 at 3pm, Alexander Pane Room