Minutes of April 24, 2013 meeting
- Joseph Asaro, Zohreh Bonianian, Kevin Conover, Debra Goldberg and Teri McNally (via teleconference – Camden), Eva Kalamoutosis, Ramon Negron, John Rake, Alfreda Richardson, Paul Young (minutes)
- Sam McDonald
Minutes from October 17, 2012 were approved
1) ERES folders
ERES folders for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 are now up and running on the server. Local folders can be created at this time.
2) Scheduled Reserves expiration dates
- Spring 2013 Reserves Expiration date: Fri. 5/31
- Removal of Spring 2013 Brief Records: Tues. 5/28 (Chris Sterback)
- Removal of Fall 2012 and Winter 2013 .pdf files from server: Fri. 4/26 (Ashwin Bijur)
3) Adobe update
- We are using Adobe Acrobat 9.2 Pro Extended Update. Darryl Voorhees at Imaging Services informs us that revised site licenses must be acquired. We need to verify our IP addresses for the staff PC’s that need the software. Paul will e-mail a link for you to find your IP address, just e-mail them back.
- Thanks to ALEX and CAMDEN for sending them already.
4) Review of changes to online Reserve forms – Sam McDonald
- Drupal 7 (“the friendly and powerful content management platform for building nearly any kind of website”) goes into effect 7/1.
- Sam asks that you send yourself a reserve request in the test database (rulmail) so he can monitor results. He will e-mail Paul as to changes that need to be implemented on the website.
- Camden will continue to use its own separate form.
5) Discussion of Overdue reserve fines
- Current hourly fine is $1 up to a maximum of $25 (for 25 hours overdue).
- The group agrees that allowing the fine to reach $50 would help deter long-term overdue borrowers. (When contacted individually at Dana, Linda Becker agreed that the fine may be increased.)
- Therefore, we can recommend that the maximum fine for overdue Reserves be increased to $50.
6) Information Sharing
Paul formally introduced Devin Gingery as part of the group.
- May 15 (cancelled due to finals)
- Wed. June 26 – Douglass Library
Action items for Co-ordinator follow-up
- Verify rulmail updates with Tracey Meyer at IIS for shared accounts. (completed)
- Verify staff contacts and phone numbers reserves form. (completed)
- Update e-mail on reserves form to rulmail accounts. (completed)
- Proofread reserves form for language changes requested by Sam McDonald (completed)
- Query to Dave Hoover regarding possible increase of .pdf file size. (completed)