STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of January 31, 2006 meeting

Present:
Raymond Balter, Carolyn Foote, Kristen Ko, Priscilla Lee, Meghan Lord, Linda Mazzeo, Theresa Macklin, Eugene McElroy, Dean Meister, Holly Muller, Nita Mukherjee, Mary Anne Nesbit, Glenn Sandberg, Drue Williamson, Chiaki Yamada
Excused:
Pat Bellanca, Nicole Warren
Guest:
Judy Gardner

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Feedback/News from Imaging Services
  3. Information Sharing
  4. How to Process requests with accompanying materials
  5. Mid Year Report
  6. WEB CT

1. ANNOUNCEMENTS

2. FEEDBACK / NEWS FROM IMAGING SERVICES

3. INFORMATION SHARING

Drue/LSM: New scanner has arrived and software is being upgraded to match.

Holly/LSM:; Requests for PALCI books have increased, especially for Math books.; Processing many incoming and outgoing PALCI requests with accompanying materials.

Linda/Music:; Noticed an increase in PALCI requests with the start of the semester.

Meghan/Alex: Requests have been stable but has been processing a lot of outgoing PALCI requests.

Glenn/ILS-Alex: There was a realignment of ILS staff at LSM for which they hired a part-time worker who was trained by Mary Belasco.; Changes were made to the ILL login page, especially to the article request form.; RAPID is now in its third week and ILS staff are getting lots of requests for which Glenn thanked Darryl for all his help.

Judy/Admin: Nothing to report.

Ray/Douglass: Good volume of RDS and PALCI requests.; A student was stuck on the elevator while working on RDS.

Chiaki/Douglass: Nothing to report.

Kristen/Art: Outgoing ILL requests have been steady.; A lot of incoming PALCI requests.; There were many books on the January 24th clear hold shelf report.; She has asked Andy for some additional shelving to expand their hold shelf.

Dean/Annex: Receiving many books requested by patrons that had the status “in process” in IRIS.; Wonders if they will show up in their statistics.

Priscilla/Kilmer: Consolidated their reserves and RDS shelving into one space to make room for temporary shelving on the shelves behind the circulation desk.; The area where the temporary shelving used to be will become a sitting area.; Requests were high at the beginning of the semester but have significantly decreased since yesterday.

Eugene/SMLR: Everything was quiet in his absence.

Carolyn/Dana: PALCI requests have increased.; She only has one student worker to help her in RDS. She had received requests for provisional PALCI requests for audio-video materials that could not be shipped.

Theresa/Camden: There was an increase in PALCI requests at the beginning of the semester but things have slowed down.

Mary Anne/ILS-Camden: Requested an order for some jiffy bags.; Glenn will send some over.

4. HOW TO PROCESS REQUESTS WITH ACCOMPANYING MATERIAL

5. MID YEAR REPORT

6. WEB CT

Next Meeting:; The next meeting will be held at Kilmer Library, Media Classroom on Tuesday, February 28th.



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/resource_sharing_group/minutes/resource_sharing_group_06_01_31.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)