Minutes of November 28, 2006 meeting
- Katie Anderson, Ray Balter, Arden DeLaCruz, Carolyn Foote, Dorothy Grauer, Kristen Ko, Priscilla Lee, Meghan Lord, Kristen Macaluso, Linda Mazzeo, Holly Muller, MaryAnne Nesbit, Nicole Warren, Drue Willamson, Rae Wong.
- Hold Inventory Reports
- Shipping PALCI and ILS items: reminder/document from previous meeting
- PALCI Loans: book bands
- REQ's for unregistered users: macro, process, recommendation to ASC
- PALCI AGED Holds: final document, wording of email to patrons
- Request Article/Other: required fields for submissions
- Testing GL3.1
- Information Sharing
Hold Inventory Reports
- Those units that have used the report are finding it helpful
- Alexander and Dana request to be added as recipients of the report
Shipping PALCI and ILS items: reminder/document from previous meeting
- Some PALCI items are still being incorrectly routed.
- Group was asked to remind students and staff at their units to make sure PALCI books are
correctly labeled and shipped to appropriate location. The document shared at the previous
meeting outlines the shipping guidelines.
- The group was asked to remind students and staff to connect the belly bands carefully,
without using tape on the inside of the books.
PALCI AGED Holds: final document, wording of email to patrons
- Group reviewed a finalized document outlining procedures for handling Aged PALCI Holds, and
discussed wording of the email notice sent to patrons.
- It was discovered that there may not be a need to contact patrons, unless they have inquired
about the missing book. Instead, ILS will go ahead and initiate another request on their
- Drafted document applies to holds that have not been made available yet, and not missing
items that have already been made available. This topic will be discussed more at the next
REQ's for unregistered users: macro, process, recommendation to ASC
- A document outlining procedures for processing requests for unregistered users was reviewed.
- Requests received from off-campus users will be processed using a barcode RDS staff assigns.
Patron's will receive a notice of the new barcode and instructions to visit a library to
update their record with the number on their card.
- Requests received from RUL patrons will be processed using their RUID (or ss#), and staff at
the pick up location will be responsible for updating their record.
Request Article/Other: required fields for submissions
- Patrons are able to submit requests when their barcodes are not registered because the
system will accept whatever number is in the User ID field of a patron's record. This can be
problematic when processing requests for off-campus users.
- Group discussed the possibility of requiring patrons to enter a combination of their barcode
and PIN to place requests, like it is required to place holds/recalls. This way patron's will
automatically be denied submission of their requests, and forced to register their cards. This
has been suggested to the Access Services Committee.
- It is possible for a patron to enter a request without a library pickup even though the
field says "Required". Katie will check with systems about possibly making this field actually
- Those who have been given testing assignments haven't reported any problems
- Participating members were reminded to report any problems to Katie by December 10, so she
can report findings to ASC.
- Kristen Macaluso was welcomed to the group. She replaces Glenn Sandberg as the ILS
- Mary Ann Nesbit is now the contact person for RDS at Camden
- A question came up regarding the deposit accounts and whether it may be possible for
individual libraries to have access to the verification. Imaging services will look into this.
- There was a request for the text of notices that patrons receive.
- There was a reminder for everyone to enter the patron's name when scanning/sending REQ's.