Minutes of July 31, 2007 meeting
- Katie Anderson, chair; Maryanne Nesbit, Carolyn Foote; Dorothy Grauer, Pat Bellanca, Krista Dandurand, Priscilla Lee,
Holly Muller, Drue Williamson
- Document Delivery: training, scanning, questions, problems
- ILS/PALCI items: trapping holds
- J-Client: toolbar, macros
- Year-End report
- Information Sharing
1. Free document delivery using ILLiad is scheduled to start on August 7th. Judy has updated the documentation to include
some questions and issues that came up during the training.
- Scanning: Imaging Services has found a way to save documents scanned on the new copiers to a separate folder on the U-drive. Systems will be coming to each unit to make the changes and set up the folder. When selecting where to send the scanned document, staff should see a button for RDS in addition to the one for reserves that's already there. If anyone wants one-on-one training, contact Darryl.
- Problems: There is currently no way for ILLiad to check a patron's status and see if they are blocked or barred because they are using their NetID to log in when they make requests. Staff will have to check patron records manually.
If there are any problems, contact Katie or Darryl.
2. The group had previously discussed ILS/PALCI items coming from the ILS office without being put in transit. It was
suggested that ILS start to trap the holds in their office before shipping them to the pickup location. ILS will be
trapping the holds starting August 1st. When receiving these items, circulation staff can now just use the discharge
function to make the hold available.
3. No changes have been suggested by the RSG group for the RDS toolbar so they will be sent as is to Systems for setup. The
new macros for book requests will be ready by August 13th. There will be no macros for articles because we will be using
Document Delivery now.
4. The 2007 Annual Report has been completed and uploaded to Sakai. It includes all the projects the group has completed
and the goals for the upcoming year that we discussed in our last meeting.
5. Information Sharing
- Kilmer: The new LAII has been hired. Kimberly Kaiser will start on August 13th and spend a week at LSM for training before coming to Kilmer.
- Camden: Katie will be out on maternity leave starting sometime in November/December.