Minutes of September 28, 2010 Meeting
- Raymond Balter, Kristi Conover, Carolyn Foote, Dorothy Grauer,
Liza Kostic, Meghan Lord, Gillian Newton, Mary Ann Nesbit, Will Torres,
Drue Williamson, Paul Young (minutes)
- Holly Muller
- Pat Bellanca, Christine Duffy, Rebecca Luo, L. Melanie Miller, Roselyn Riley
1) Same library/same campus holds.
A group member from each library
provided feedback on same library holds. Everyone seems to be receiving
2-3 same library requests per day. ALEX, as would be expected, has a
larger volume of about 20-25 per day. Requests at this time are being
made by a number of patrons, so no one is monopolizing the service.
2) RELAIS update
Paul forwarded a brief note from Chris Sterback.
- Testing is proceeding, but not yet available for libraries with
Sirsi/Dynix ILS. We expect more details by Nov. 18-19th, the time of the
next membership meeting.
- Also, it does appear we will still be using some form of blue PALCI
bands on books when the new system is in place. Another note from Chris
stated that bands could be printed with pre-populated information such as
names and barcodes.
3) Discussion of "Request" - REQ reports.
We have been using the same
format for off-campus site requests for about 10 years. There are 3 ways
to find requests:
- A report for new requests for each library is generated each day, but
does not accumulate requests from the prior day's report.
- Anyone can check their own library for new or open requests under
"Display Requests" in WorkFlows.
- "Stale request" e-mail notices are generated and sent each week to RDS
Everyone felt that these options were working well for both library and
patron, and no changes would be needed to the reports.
The group will confirm after the meeting that RDS language in IRIS
reflects that DANA books are not delivered to LAW-N and CAMDEN books
are not delivered to LAW-C. The libraries involved are essentially
across the street or next to each other. The books are requested as
regular holds for pickup directly from DANA or CAMDEN.
4) Info Sharing
- ALEX – Gillian - Installation of energy-efficient lights has begun.
Drue - Café in basement periodicals area will be ready in Spring.
- ANNEX – Liza - New dorms are being constructed on the southwest side of
the building, creating a lot of noise and dirt, but not affecting
- DANA –Dorothy - Roof repair will continue to December; tiles are being
added. Carolyn - New carpet has been installed, and restrooms have been
- DOUGLASS – Ray – “Douglass is relatively normal.” (!!)
- CAMDEN – Mary Anne - Construction work is going on everywhere inside
- KILMER – Paul - Construction of new dining hall near the library is
Next meeting: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:30 – 4:00 pm via sakai chat