Minutes of October 26, 2010 Meeting
- Raymond Balter, Pat Bellanca, Kristi Conover, Christine Duffy, Liza Kostic, Meghan Lord, Rebecca Luo, Holly Muller, Gillian Newton, Mary Anne Nesbit, Roselyn Riley, Will Torres, Drue Williamson, Paul Young (minutes)
- Carolyn Foote, Dorothy Grauer, L. Melanie Miller
1) RDS stats
The group commented on September RDS statistics.
- "Doc Delivered to Web" for the past year was 1,384. Surprisingly, down 2 from the prior year!
- Holly mentioned that September intra-library holds total was 4,688.
- RU-B-FILD for September was 108.
- DANA books are put on hold at DANA for LAW-N patrons. CAMDEN books are put on hold at CAMDEN for LAW-C patrons.
- REF items are not delivered to "off-campus" locations. Those who feel a rare exception is warranted would need to obtain approval from a subject selector.
- PALCI / ILL damaged books. All problems are reported to Glenn Sandberg at ILL. Add a PUB-NOTE to the patrons record. We can notify the patron and hold the book for a short time so they may inspect it before we forward it to Glenn. He will contact the lending partner to settle replacement charges. The default replacement fee is fixed at $102.
- The group reminds staff to stress the importance of spotting damaged books to our students who work at the circ desk. And of course, do not discharge a damaged book.
3) PALCI pre-printed bands
- Some schools are using pre-printed PALCI or ILL bands. U. Penn uses a stick-on label, which seems to work well. Our PALCI blue bands are printed on half sheets of 8½" x 14" paper, and we manually write the PALCI number and school on them. Anticipating the need for pre-printed bands in RELAIS, group members voiced no problems with their access to a printer, and felt they could also accommodate 8½" x 11" paper if necessary.
4) RDS Journal requestsfor New Brunswick "campus" libraries
- The RDS webpage was recently updated to reflect that "campus" refers to Newark, New Brunswick, and Camden.
- Article requests over 30 pages for delivery to "same campus" libraries are cancelled. We may send an entire circulating journal to a "same campus" library as a hold for the patron as an occasional exception.
- One example would be a CHANG request for an LSM journal, where the article is greater than 30 pages.
- After some discussion, the group decided it would have no immediate objection to allowing "same campus" delivery among New Brunswick libraries for these journal requests.
- DANA and CAMDEN would not affected by this proposal.
- We do not anticipate a great demand or increase in volume.
5) Info Sharing
The attendees were treated to an e-mail photo of some very cute twin babies.
- ALCOHOL Pat All is fine.
- ALEX Gill, Will, Meghan Busy due to mid-terms
- ALEX Imaging - Drue Imaging Services filled 776 ILL requests in September; 679 of those via Rapid Article Request Service.
- ALEX - ILL Rebecca Everything is good here.
- ANNEX Liza - New work study student employees are very good this year.
- CAMDEN Mary Anne One part of the construction work is completed, but theres lots more to go.
- CHANG and MATH Kristi Everything is also good.
- DOUGLASS Ray - Nothing new at this time.
- KILMER Paul Thanked the hospitality of CAMDEN during the October Access Services Committee meeting.
- LSM Christine Journal request are high. She actively promotes the article delivery service when she sees a patron at the photocopier with a journal. Now thats dedication!
Next meeting: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 2:30 4:00 pm