Notes from Meeting of August 13, 2001
- S. Bartz, J. Boyle, J. Cassel, K. Denda, P. Page, P. Piermatti, W.-H. Ren
- J. Maxymuk
Jeanne Boyle thanked everyone for coming and said that the goal of the meeting was to
simplify ROARS procedures, cut costs, and review policy. She reviewed STN and Dialog
accounts, and the following recommendations were made:
To save Dialog costs:
- User accounts will be pared down to two for New Brunswick, one for Camden, and one for Newark.
- The one remaining teaching account will be maintained.
- Remaining search saves at Alexander, Dana, and LSM will be cancelled. Pat Piermatti will send Wen Hua Ren and Stephanie Bartz instructions.
To review STN accounts:
- One account will be maintained at Dana and one at LSM
- Pat will consult with Howard Dess about the second account at LSM and identify which account to retain.
To create a simplified audit trail:
- Wen will fax the Dana search request form to Pat,who will reivse it with the assistance of LSM staff. The revised form will be made available on the staff resources website.
- Coordinators will maintain statistics locally. If bills show an unusual cost or if a report is needed, Jeanne will contact the appropriate coordinator.
To update ROARS policy:
- Jeanne will add to the ROARS brochure the liability paragraph from the ROARS appendix in PSPM 2.
- Jeanne will made recommended changes in the ROARS appendix and compose a much simplified version of the ready reference appendix.
- Everyone will comment.