Minutes of February 17, 2004 meeting
- Zohreh Bonianian, Susan Brower, Kristi Conover, Asuncion De Chavez, Barry Lipinski, Ramon Negron, Fred Onorato, Ana Ramirez-Luhrs(recorder), Roselyn Riley, Brian Stubbs, Michele Tokar
- Rose Barbalace
- Unit Maintenance Concerns
- Recent Incident Reports
- Information Sharing
- Next Meeting
Roselyn Riley was welcomed and introduced to the group. She will be the BMSFG representative for the
Staff should start creating lists of maintenance and security related items that are needed at
individual branches (i.e. walkie-talkies). Requests should include a detailed list of items and
reasons why items are needed. All lists should be sent to Zohreh for review.
A safety and Human Services workshop will be held next month for supervisors. Staff may pass on any
questions they want addressed at the workshop to Zohreh.
Unit Maintenance Concerns
Emergency Exit Doors
A representative from each branch will be assigned the task of checking all emergency doors in their
library on a monthly basis. An emergency door check log was distributed to the group. It was
suggested that the doors be checked when there is the least amount of patrons in the building during
the last week of each month.
Recent Incident Reports
When filling out incident reports, please make sure to specify the library and the location within
the library in which the incident occurred.
Signed incident reports should be faxed to RUL Human Resources and Francoise Punielloís office. In
addition, incident reports should be e-mailed to Farideh, Matthew, Zohreh, and the immediate
- Brian reported that there were some minor leaks that damaged a few books on the third floor. He also reported that a few weeks ago, a patron attempted to stay in the library past closing hours by climbing through the ceiling tile in the menís bathroom. The patron left the building before anyone could catch up with him and there was considerable damage done to the bathroom ceiling.
- All ceiling tiles have been fixed. A security guard comes in and does daily rounds during closing hours. Due to the lack of a PA system at Art, Rose is looking into purchasing a megaphone for the library.
- The front doors on the first floor are continuously left open by the construction workers. Individuals in charge of construction have been alerted to this problem.
- A situation with a repeat offender at Kilmer has been resolved. The offender, a graduate student, has been banned from the libraries due to the efforts of the Dean of Students. Barry also did a walk through of the building and created a list of maintenance and repair needs.
- Michele and Kristi went around the building citing various maintenance and security problems that needed to be attended to. Problems were called in and there was immediate response. A request was submitted for a security guard to walk around the building around closing in addition to changing the security tape.
- One of the ceiling lights was out and has been reported.
Next Meeting - Tuesday, March 16, 2004 3:00PM
Library of Science and Medicine, Special Collections Room