Minutes of July 20, 2005 meeting
- Susan Brower (recorder), Asuncion DeChavez, Barry Lipinski, Ramon Negron (opening recorder), Fred Onorato, Brian Stubbs, Michele Tokar, Penny Weniger (Chair), Kelly Worth
- Jazmine Faherty, Roselyn Riley
- Meghan Lord, SERC
- Welcome Kelly Worth
- Ergonomics Workshop
- Annual Report
- Group Discussion Topic
- New Brunswick Access/Collection Services emergency calling lists
- Information Sharing
- Unit Security & Maintenance Updates
- Kelly Worth representing the Library Administrative Team was welcomed to the group.
- Jill Morrow the previous Administrative Team representative was thanked for her contributions while serving with the group.
- Meghan Lord from the Science and Engineering Resource Center was welcomed as a guest.
- Ergonomics Workshop will take place on Tuesday July 26, 2005 from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. in the Pane Room at Alexander Library. Shaundree Davis from REHS is hosting the workshop and will emphasize all aspects of ergonomics in the workplace as well as practicing safe lifting skills. The workshop is co-sponsored by the SFFG group and the Training & Learning Committee
- Annual Report. The SFFG annual report was distributed and read by the group. The group approved the report. Part of the annual report was graphs illustrating incidents in the New Brunswick Libraries for fiscal year 2004/2005. For next year more categories will be added including temperature and humidity. The group acknowledged the information that the graphs illustrated.
Group Discussion Topic
- The SFFG has a new group assignment to update the Emergency Calling List. A representative from each library will be responsible to update the contact numbers from their units/areas and report changes and additions to Penny at the August meeting.
- The Digital Directory subgroup is working on a hard copy information directional handout for each unit library. Penny presented a draft from Alexander library and asked if anyone has suggestions to please contact her.
Unit security & Maintenance Updates
- Holly Muller hired as Evening Supervisor II
- Committee has been formed to look into a location for a quiet study area.
- Art with a science theme is being selected for display in the library.
- Staff is helping to minimize damage from installation of the new HVAC system.
- Plastic covering has been put over parts of the collection on the 3rd floor.
- There are problems with the digital surveillance camera. RUPD cannot view the area without installing software which uses too much space on the server. One suggestion is to have a separate server with it's own IP address. Andrew Ruggerio, Douglass' PC coordinator will bring the matter up at the next PC Working Group meeting.
- A broken window was repaired.
- Staff logged the humidity and temperature from 7/8-7/15. The humidity level is too high. Facilities lowered the temperatures to 70 degrees hoping to bring the humidity level to within an acceptable range.
- There is moisture leaking at the base of some interior walls. This tends to happen in the summer. Facilities brought bowls to catch the moisture.
- Problems have been reported with the installation of the new HVAC system.
- Person reported behaving inappropriately in the Reference room. After RUPD were summoned he left on his own accord.
- Fire alarm in the pipe alley had to be reset after going off in error.
- Rowdy underage children reported in the building
- A potentially serious water problem by the back door was reported to Facilities. It was three days before Facilities arrived and took care of the problem. A discussion ensued as to the need for Facilities to have better communication with the libraries. This is a future project and goal for the new Fiscal Year. Kelly and Penny will meet to begin reviewing first steps to work on the problem.
- Hit by lightening - no damage reported
- Skylight leak was reported
Next meeting: Tuesday, August 16, 200, 3:00 - 4:30pm, Douglass Conference Room