Minutes of September 18, 2002 meeting
- Michelle Best, Joan Hendershot, Julie Kaufman, Cathy
Pecoraro, Suzanne Posluszny, Kayla Reichardt (recorder)
- Approval of previous minutes
- Procedure for order problems and cancelled titles
- Government Documents depository claiming
- Quantitative analysis
1. Approval of previous minutes
The minutes of the July 8th and August 16th meetings were
approved with a few modifications. Kayla will modify and send to Andrew,
cc: the focus group.
2. Quantitative Analysis
The group decided to approach statistics using the sampling
week method, preferably quarterly [JAN, APR, JUL, OCT]. To begin with
we would like to take a sampling of the number of items on prediction lists
and notices and the time involved in searching/investigating the predictions
lists along with the time involved in mailing the notices. The last
week of October was designated as our first trial run.
3. All other agenda items were dropped due to a lengthy discussion concerning
the entire claiming process
- First, prediction lists are requiring too much time for staff members to
complete in 1 week. It was decided to run the prediction lists every
other week. Kayla will update everyone’s scheduled reports. It
was agreed that the claim notices would still run once per week.
- Secondly, with the workload being what it is, it is rare for anyone to
attempt the problem lists. Since we are currently working on the claims
initiative [all claims expected in 2000 or older], the group decided to run
the claims initiative report annually [incrementing the yr: ex. 2001 or older,
2002 or older, etc.] instead of the problem lists. The practice of
running the problem lists monthly will be disbanded.
- Thirdly, in conjunction with the claims initiative report, Kayla had run
reports of all controls that were CANCELLED, CEASED, or SUSPENDED.
It was decided to postpone work on the 2000 or older claims initiative in
order to get through the above reports, in the thoughts that clean-up of
these reports would be quicker and would remove a lot of titles from the
2000 or older report. It was decided that the CANCELLED and CEASED
reports would be the first of this group to be worked on. All of these
reports will be run again in the new year.
Next meeting October 9th 2002
Next recorder: Michelle Best, Joan Hendershot