1) The group approved the previous minutes. Kayla will forward to Andrew to be posted on the web.
2) Joan completed the Alex list for cancelled titles. This list will be forwarded to Robin to complete the final phases of the workflow. Joan will eventually work on the ceased titles with some assistance from Kayla. Kayla has almost completed the Sciences.
Three major areas of the claiming responsibility for cancelled titles were discussed:
1. Open claim being worked on (possibly listed in problem report)
2. Missing issue (replacement process)
3. Cancelled titles that need follow-up work to be done in order to complete the process
It was decided that Kayla would run the cancelled controls report September of each year. The report will be worked on in October/November.
The discussion of suspended titles is put on hold and will be evaluated sometime in the future.
The procedure for the ceased reports will be revisited at the next meeting. Paul, Kayla and Robin will review the new workflow.
3) Using a sample week for claiming statistics is all part of the quantitative analysis we have been discussing at previous meetings. These statistics will give an overall synopsis on the amount of time it takes to process claims from start to finish. Kayla has distributed detailed claiming statistics forms to the group. It was decided that statistics would be recorded at the end of each quarter beginning with the last week in October.
Claimed issues received statistics Kayla presented to the group are as follows:
Humanities and Social Sciences
August – 88
September – 64
August – 94
September – 77
Cathy brought up a situation that involved a title missing multiple issues that were out of print. For OP issues ½ a year or more we would adhere to the following criteria prior to requesting a refund.
This procedure will be further discussed at the next meeting.
Next meeting: November 13, 2002
Recorder: Joan Hendershot, Julie Kaufman