STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of February 2, 2005 meeting

Present:
Georgina Alonzo, Rose Barbalace(recorder), Jazmine Faherty, Marc Forster, Megan Ingegno, Priscilla Lee, Mike Mansouri, Natascha Owens, Chiaki Yamada

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Midyear Report
  3. Emergency contacts for students/vouchers
  4. Job description formatting updates
  5. Student of the year
  6. Sharing applications throughout NBL
  7. Desktop directory update

1. Announcements

Rose has worked with several members of the group over the past month and work on our WebCT page continues to make progress. Over the next several months the group will work towards creating standardized quizzes for training purposes.

Workstudy request forms will be due in Mid-February

2. Midyear Report

Midyear report for June-February was distributed and reviewed with the group. Overall the group is happy with its accomplishments and looks forward to completing current projects.

3. Emergency contacts for students/vouchers

During an unfortunate emergency situation where a student or part-time employee is taken the hospital or injured an employee may need to contact a parent or other emergency contact.

Currently we do not keep emergency contacts for our part-time employee and the group agrees that this information should be obtained as part of the orientation process.

Megan I. has agreed to draft a standard form and will bring it to the next meeting for review.

4. Job description formatting updates

Rose, Georgina, Melanie and Priscilla met earlier in the week to work on standard formatting for job descriptions.

Rose handed out an outline of the proposed job description format as well as a breakdown on job titles and pay rate scales.

The group agreed that most jobs fell under 3 different levels

In the next few weeks Rose will work with those who wrote job descriptions to reformat using the new levels and outline.

5. Student of the year

Nominations for student of the year need to be completed by Wednesday, February 9th. If anyone has a student who has outshined all the rest or has done an overall outstanding job in any specific area you should consider nominating him/her.

6. Sharing applications throughout NBL

In last months meeting the group touched on the idea of sharing applications across New Brunswick to broaden our search for the best possible candidate.

We can create a one-line question on the form asking the applicant if they want to be considered for positions at other New Brunswick Libraries.

The group also discussed creating a database to house these applications. The database will have to be secure but also accessible to everyone who hires across New Brunswick not just Access/Collection Services.

The group agreed that administration should maintain the database since they receive the majority of applications but we will be willing to assist in the design and initial application of the database.

The group also proposed creating a secure database with the names of student or part-time employees that have been fired from the libraries. The group has found that some of these employees apply again to other units and it is only later revealed that they were previously terminated.

7. Desktop directory update

Marc shared his latest version of the Desktop directory with the group.

Overall the group likes the current design better than the last. Marc will continue to improve on the layout.

Rose will share the current design with the Coordinators for further suggestions and comments.

Next Meeting - Wednesday, March 2nd 2:30pm



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/student_coord_group/minutes/student_coord_group_05_02_02.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)