STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of March 2, 2005 meeting

Present:
Georgina Alonzo, Rose Barbalace(recorder), Marc Forster, Mike Mansouri, Natascha Owens, Chiaki Yamada
Excused:
Jazmine Faherty), Megan Ingegno

Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Review of completed job descriptions
  3. Update on desktop directory
  4. Workstudy requests for 2005-2006
  5. Draft of emergency contact for part-time employees
  6. Student appreciation week
  7. Keeping track of student’s sign in

1. Announcements

Priscilla Lee is now working in RDS at Alexander and will start to attend the RDSFG. Priscilla will no longer be a member of the SAFG. The group wishes her well on her new position.

Collection Services recently hired a new full time staff member to assist with their part- time workers. Linda Zuckerman will begin attending SAFG meetings in April.

In last month’s meeting the group discussed the possibility of creating a shared database to house job applications. Since the last meeting Rose and Roger have also discussed the possibility of the libraries initiating online applications which will still allow us to share applications across New Brunswick as well as create a more efficient way of managing applications.

2. Review of completed job descriptions

Rose passed out drafts of the reformatted job descriptions. Reserves, RDS, Collection Management, Extended Hours and several branches have been completed. Rose will work with Andy on the “requirements” portion of the standard job description for the branches. Circulation and Guard desk drafts should be completed by the end of the month. Rose will work with Natascha to complete a job description for Collection Services vouchers.

3. Update on desktop directory

Marc is continuing to make improvements to the desktop directory. New fonts will be selected and several layout changes have been made. A new draft of the project should be available to view by April’s meeting.

4. Workstudy requests for 2005-2006

Workstudy requests for the next fiscal year were due in mid February. There was a slight change in procedure from last year, all Access Services requests were sent to Roger for review and signatures before being sent to Admin.

Remember that current workstudy students will only be able to work until the last day of finals in May. Summer workstudy students usually don’t start working until the 2nd week of summer session in June. Only vouchers will be able to work for those 3 weeks.

Workstudy is currently out of additional funds. If you have any workstudy students that will be running low on funds they will need to stop working when their funds are completed or be moved to your voucher accounts.

5. Draft of emergency contacts for part-time employees

Rose shared Megan Ingegno’s draft on “emergency contacts for part-time employees”. The group would like to add a current date option and clearly define NETID on the new form. Rose will contact Megan and complete the minor updates to the form. Rose will bring the document to the next coordinator’s meeting for review and add the document to all new orientation packets.

6. Student appreciation week

In previous meetings the group has discussed the possibility of having building parties at the four main units inviting nearby branches and other departments to share in the planning and implementation of these student parties.

Student appreciation week will be in mid-April so if we would like to go ahead with these parties planning will need to begin soon. Rose would like group member to go back to their units and start asking other departments and branches about joining in our student appreciation week parties.

7. Keeping track of student’s sign in

Marc shared a document he created and uses at LSM to manually keep track of a student’s punches and schedules. This form can be used to aid in payroll sign-offs by easily showing a student’s punches and schedule then comparing this to a student’s punch in Timetrak. If anyone is interesting in using this document at their unit please contact Marc for more information.

Next Meeting - Wednesday, April 6th 2:30pm



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/student_coord_group/minutes/student_coord_group_05_03_02.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)