1. It was reiterated that we should not remove generic barcodes because they tend to be attached to purchase orders. We will continue to generate generic barcodes in order to attach them the purchase orders. In order to prevent the deletion of the item line, which will cause the purchase order to disappear, Yuhwei, Gracemary and Rebecca will be working on some sort of note. This note will be placed in the "STAFF" line of the extended notes of the MODIFY ITEM icon. The note should read "linked to order, DO NOT REMOVE".
2. It is time to gather information for the annual report and the team leaders will be reporting their statistics, projects and the status of their working group and present the information to Gracemary.
3. The inventory project needs to be finished, and in order to move the project along it be suggested that the each person in the department inventory one or two tittles a month. Melody will be in charge of setting up the training and mentoring system for the department.
4. Andy will inquire and establish a location in Access Services for temporary shelving of accompanying materials that will eventually get bound. Also, each functional group will develop standards and processes for dealing with accompanying materials. The focus groups will finish their procedures in two weeks and present their proposals in the next team leaders meeting. As a whole, we will bring our findings to the TSWG meeting to make possible suggestions.
Gracemary will keep the group when the official finalization of the RUL accompanying materials is complete.
5. It was announced that Connie Swanson was hired as a replacement for Andrew Ruggerio, she will be reporting to Rebecca and be guided by Paul Cabelli.
- Ian attended the Sirsi conference and reported on some of the changes that were made to the serial module.
Next meeting: July 21, 2004
Next recorder: Yuhwei Ling
Back up recorder: Andy Martinez