Minutes of February 16, 2006 meeting
- Ian Bogus [Recorder], Paul Cabelli, Salvatore Cardinale, Yuhwei Ling, Rebecca Martinez, Gracemary Smulewitz, Melody Tomaszewicz
- Andy Martinez
- Working with TAS
- Personnel Changes
- Strategizing for the Department
- Reading RUL Minutes
1. Working with TAS
- The structure changes have been approved by Marianne Gaunt. On March 3rd an official announcement will be made that Collection Services will report to TAS.
- John Brennon is our new administrative contact.
- All building issues will still be reported to Bill Puglisi and Kristi Conover.
2. Personnel Changes
- Ian Bogus has a new role working with Farideh Tehrani. From now on he will be liaising to CSD rather than actually being part of it. He will be working with preservation, including digital preservation, system-wide.
- Bob Hosh will coordinate Federal Government Document receiving system-wide from Alexander Library
- Jamie Maguire will be taking over the coordination of MARC Holdings system-wide.
3. Strategizing for the Department (continuation from last month)
- The Weeding Project is 75%-85% finished. The target date for finishing has been pushed back to August.
- The inventory project is coming along well. All libraries are finished except for the three listed below:
- Math 50% done
- Alex 13 % donít
- LSM 9% done
- CSD is getting started on P4P. All appraisal forms should be sent out by the 24th. Self appraisals should be completed by March 1st. All appraisals should be finished and handed into Gracemary Smulewitz by March 10th. Below is the list of appraisers and who they will be appraising.
- Rebecca Martinez will appraise: IB, PC, SC, JH, BH (with PC & GS), RPN, SP, and MT
- Ian Bogus will appraise: JM
- Salvatore Cardinale will appraise: NS (with MT)
- Paul Cabelli will appraise: BH (with RM & GS)
- Melody Tomaszewicz will appraise: SB and NS (with SC)
- Yuhwei Ling will appraise: LZ
- Gracemary Smulewitz will appraise: YL, BH (with RM & PC), RM
5. Reading RUL Minutes
- RUL minutes often are of interest to CSD operations, but there are too many to go through. Those attending meetings should report items of interest to the Team Leaders and any other personnel that the issue affects. For the meetings that CSD personnel are not attending volunteers were accepted to read the minutes and report back to the group:
- Paul Cabelli will read the Cataloging Discussion Group, PSC and IPAC minutes
- Salvatore Cardinale will read the Circulation and Access Services Committee minutes
- Yuhwei Ling will read the Planning and Programing Committee, Training, and Billing minutes
- Gracemary Smuletwitz will read the RUL Cabinet minutes
- Melody Tomaszewicz will read the RDS and the CMFG minutes.
Next meeting: 3/16/06 LSM
Next recorder: Paul Cabelli (for real)
Back up recorder: Salvatore Cardinale