Minutes of February 15, 2007 meeting
- Rebecca Martinez [chair], Andres Martinez, Melody Tomaszewicz [recorder], Paul Cabelli, Ian Bogus, Yuhwei Ling
- Sal Cardinale
- Information Sharing
- TSCWG discussions that need local focus
- Batchwith - who's using it in the department and who needs to know about it
- New workflow for In-process items
- DTS Services' "flyer" for Collection Management staff
- Departmental Open House - brainstorming session!
- Moving to the J-client - testing, training, and implementation - we need to
come up with a plan for this!
1. Information Sharing
- Farideh will be the go-to person for preservation, now that Ian is leaving
- Paul has met with Neera to plan on the LSM backlog
- Discussed CS-USER reports with Andy. RM will go over the reports created on 2/16/07
- GMS—Discussed selectors tool kit progress. Working on voucher budget, reported on CDC, strategic plan—we will be involved in the
second round, archival services, keyboard express changes.
- RM—Harrassowitz project, CS-User reports
- YL—reported on receiving meeting, Harrassowitz project, SMLR
- PC—reported on DOCREF project, LSM backlog, SMLR
- MT—reported on Serials Inventory Project, LSM Weeding Project
2. TSCWG discussions that need local focus
Batchwith—who needs to know (who uses it, or will be impacted)
- Changing home location to DISCARD when in the record, and charging items to batchwith for large groups of books when
- People who would be impacted include, Susan, Linda, Neera, Jamie, Melody, Paul, Natasha, and Robin. Colin and Jessie may also be
- Information should be sent to all DTS personnel and people at TS in Newark and Camden.
- Debriefing of HRMT needs to be done after TSCWG meetings
In-Process changes—DTS will no longer be revising books from ACQ—Access Services will do this.
- Bookplate materials should go directly to Natasha, and then to Access Services for revision. Accompanying material should go to
Jamie, and then to Access Services for revision.
- Mail people will have to be informed of the different routes these books will now take.
- We may be using a flyer—Andy will get back to us on this.
DTS Folder—Creation of a short trifold sheet that Access Services can use for training new staff so that they will have an idea of what the DTS
teams do and who to contact when they have questions.
- Should include a glossary, and bullet points
- GMS will get a copy of the old one for us to work from
- Team leaders should send bullet points to Rebecca
3. Departmental open house
- We will be shooting for putting this on in June
- People will tour the two offices—on different days
- Will possibly follow the route of a journal from ordering to shelving, including receiving, claiming, cataloging, and
- Will also be given information on permanent holdings (books) including tracking information.
- All the teams will present their part of the process possibly by using posters, power point presentations, or talks and skits.
- We will start working on the presentation in March.
- We will be asking for the J-client to be installed on some of our computers, and then working on documentation for training the
rest of the department.
- Batchwith information will be updated and sent out
- In-Process changes will be implemented.
- A DTS flyer will be created for Access Services
- A DTS open house for RUL staff will be held—tentatively scheduled for June 2007.
- MT—Update WD process, including BATCHWITH decisions, and send to affected staff in DTS, Newark and Camden.
- SC, JM, RM—work with staff on In-Process changes
- All Team Leaders—Bullets to RM for DTS flyer
- All Team Leaders—Start work on presentations for open house for March meeting
- GMS—Ask Systems to install J Clients on our machines.
- Strategic plan for Rutgers.
Next meeting: March 15
Time 1:30 PM
Next recorder: Paul Cabelli
Back up recorder: Sal Cardinale