STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of April 19, 2007 meeting

Present:
Present: Paul Cabelli, Salvatore Cardinale (Recorder), Yuhwei Ling, Andy Martinez, Rebecca Martinez (chair), Jamie Maguire, Melody Tomaszewicz, Gracemary Smulewitz.

Agenda

  1. Review of minutes from February and March for final approval
  2. Status of In-Process items/procedures
  3. Open House updates
  4. J-Client
  5. Finalization of new procedures for Dana library
  6. Information Sharing

1. Review of minutes from February and March for final approval

2. Status of In-Process items/procedures

3. Open House updates

4. J-client

5. Finalization of new procedures for Dana library

6. Information Sharing

AM- Reported on finding older bound journals for Dana that have the status of “Bindery.” He also reported that the amount CS-USER titles found through newly generated reports have decreased throughout RUL-NB.

SC – Reported that Jennifer Dickerson is done with her portion of the shelf-reading project. Bonnie is 90% complete with her portion of the shelf-reading project. Sal suggested that instead of a shelf reading project that a record cleaning project implemented to help clean up Dana records. He will write a proposal for handling the project. He also reported that he met with the Public Services focus group to review student-handling standards and some key issues with scheduling and utilizing student help.

PC– Has been working on Alex DOCREF STATE and reported on some further progress with LSM backlog.

YL – Two new vouchers were hired at Alexander to work on Marcive, Doc-Ref transfers and SMLR. Yuhwei and company have been conducting training sessions and covering the basics of receiving and working with IRIS.

MT - Approximately 250 paper editions of the ASTM Standards on Book have been relocated from LSM to the Annex. The LSM weeding project continues and approximately 500 titles per month are being pulled.

JM – Is working on the inventory project with the Dana receivers and this brought up the topic of reversing the current and the bound MARCs prior to inventorying a title. The TLs agreed that the reversal of the current and the bound MARCs should be done prior to inventorying a title and each site will have a box for people to place titles they find. Sal and his assistant will work the reversals of all NBL and Dana Current and Bound MARCs for Dana and NBL.

RM – Nothing major to report.

GS - ???

Assignments

  1. Rebecca will create a Sakia page for the TLs and move the old team leaders minutes to the new site.
  2. All focus leaders will finish the open house brain storming sessions with their respective teams.
  3. The TL’s will test the new J-client using the Sirsi Upgrade checklist.
  4. Sal will write a proposal for a Dana record-cleaning project.

Decisions

  1. Rebecca will create a Sakia page for the TLs where the minutes and future announcements will be posted.
  2. Focus Groups are going to be distributed to the department and Camden and Dana’s Technical Services Departments.
  3. The date for the open house has been pushed up to July.
  4. The Dana-DTS Sakai page for tracking E-mail inquiries to the Dana DTS staff and documentation handed out to the staff. The sites Wiki will be used to record recaps of the Dana visits.
  5. The reversal of the current and the bound MARCs should be done prior to inventorying a title. Sal and his assistant will work the reversals of the Current and Bound MARCs for all titles centrally.

Next meeting: TBA:
Next recorder: Yuhwei Ling
Back up recorder: Andy Martinez



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/team_leaders/minutes/team_leaders_07-04-19.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)