Minutes of April 19, 2007 meeting
- Present: Paul Cabelli, Salvatore Cardinale (Recorder), Yuhwei Ling, Andy Martinez, Rebecca Martinez (chair), Jamie Maguire, Melody Tomaszewicz, Gracemary Smulewitz.
- Review of minutes from February and March for final approval
- Status of In-Process items/procedures
- Open House updates
- Finalization of new procedures for Dana library
- Information Sharing
1. Review of minutes from February and March for final approval
- The group reviewed the previous meeting minutes. Paul Cabelli will be sending a corrected version of them to the Team Leaders.
- The group discussed where the TL’s meeting minutes should be posted and who should receive them. Rebecca will create a Sakia
page for the TLs where minutes and future announcements will be posted. She will also move the old TLs minutes to the new site.
- It was decided that all meeting minutes from Focus Groups are going to be distributed to the department and Camden and Dana’s
Technical Services Departments.
2. Status of In-Process items/procedures
- Andy Martinez announced that DTS can begin to ship the In-Process books to Access Services without revising them. The revision
will now be done at Access Services. The new procedure was originally going to be implemented in April, but was held up until Andy
was able to review documentation, logistics and personnel adjustments with Roger Smith.
- Andy will distribute the In-Process documentation to Jeff Teichman and Michelle Tokar and speak to them about getting the In-
Process materials mailed to Access Services directly.
3. Open House updates
- Each member reported on their group’s progress regarding the open house: Melody has begun working on some ideas with the
Holdings group. Paul met with the Bib Cat. Group/ government documents group and voicing a concern that government documents needs
further representation, the Receiving, Bindery/Processing, and Orders and Claiming teams will begin to meet with to meet with
their respective group members and plan out their sections of the open house.
- The date for the open house has been pushed up to July. Gracemary will announce a new date for a departmental meeting to discuss
the execution of the open hose.
- Members of Acquisitions Department would like to join with members of DTS to conduct co-training and create documentation for
functions that overlap at TAS and DTS. Gracemary will keep the TLs posted on any further developments.
- The TLs will test the new J-client using the Sirsi Upgrade checklist. After the testing, the TL’s will meet and report their
findings to the group. The team will then use their findings to create documentation for the training sessions.
- Gracemary will ask Chris Sterback to provide us with any J-client documentation he may have.
5. Finalization of new procedures for Dana library
- The TLs agreed that using the Dana-DTS Sakai page for tracking E-mail inquiries to the Dana DTS staff is a good idea. All E-mail
inquiries sent to the Dana staff will be Carbon copied to Iliana and the Sakai page. The Sakia page will also be used as a
depository for the documents handed out to the Dana –DTS staff and also to record what type of training was conducted. The TLs
will be using the Sakia’s Wiki feature to post the TL's visits to Dana recaps.
6. Information Sharing
AM- Reported on finding older bound journals for Dana that have the status of “Bindery.” He also reported that the amount CS-USER
titles found through newly generated reports have decreased throughout RUL-NB.
SC – Reported that Jennifer Dickerson is done with her portion of the shelf-reading project. Bonnie is 90% complete with her
portion of the shelf-reading project. Sal suggested that instead of a shelf reading project that a record cleaning project
implemented to help clean up Dana records. He will write a proposal for handling the project. He also reported that he met with
the Public Services focus group to review student-handling standards and some key issues with scheduling and utilizing student
PC– Has been working on Alex DOCREF STATE and reported on some further progress with LSM backlog.
YL – Two new vouchers were hired at Alexander to work on Marcive, Doc-Ref transfers and SMLR. Yuhwei and company have been
conducting training sessions and covering the basics of receiving and working with IRIS.
MT - Approximately 250 paper editions of the ASTM Standards on Book have been relocated from LSM to the Annex. The LSM weeding
project continues and approximately 500 titles per month are being pulled.
JM – Is working on the inventory project with the Dana receivers and this brought up the topic of reversing the current and the
bound MARCs prior to inventorying a title. The TLs agreed that the reversal of the current and the bound MARCs should be done
prior to inventorying a title and each site will have a box for people to place titles they find. Sal and his assistant will work
the reversals of all NBL and Dana Current and Bound MARCs for Dana and NBL.
RM – Nothing major to report.
GS - ???
- Rebecca will create a Sakia page for the TLs and move the old team leaders minutes to the new site.
- All focus leaders will finish the open house brain storming sessions with their respective teams.
- The TL’s will test the new J-client using the Sirsi Upgrade checklist.
- Sal will write a proposal for a Dana record-cleaning project.
- Rebecca will create a Sakia page for the TLs where the minutes and future announcements will be posted.
- Focus Groups are going to be distributed to the department and Camden and Dana’s Technical Services Departments.
- The date for the open house has been pushed up to July.
- The Dana-DTS Sakai page for tracking E-mail inquiries to the Dana DTS staff and documentation handed out to the staff. The sites Wiki will be used to record recaps of the Dana visits.
- The reversal of the current and the bound MARCs should be done prior to inventorying a title. Sal and his assistant will work the reversals of the Current and Bound MARCs for all titles centrally.
Next meeting: TBA:
Next recorder: Yuhwei Ling
Back up recorder: Andy Martinez