Minutes of May 17, 2007 meeting
- Paul Cabelli, Salvatore Cardinale, Yuhwei Ling (recorder), Jamie Maguire, Andy Martinez, Rebecca Martinez (chair), Gracemary Smulewitz, Melody Tomaszewicz
- Information Sharing
1. Information Sharing
- Met with Laura Mullins and Cathy Pecararo about the Selectors’ Toolkit
- Items stressed upon where how things would relate to Distributed Technical Services and Serial Team workflows.
- Attended the Alex REF meeting
- The Alex reference team has been tracking reference questions and there has been a marked decrease in the use of the Ref Desk.
- The Alex Unit Computing Specialist, Joe Abraham, gave a report about all the computers at Alex.
- Joe has had previous experience with Sakai and DTS might ask him for help in training to use the Sakai system.
- Jeff Teichman reported on a project to move the oversized bound PER titles to a new location.
- Alex weeding was brought up – Gracemary will address it in NBCG
- Password protecting of most public PCs with Net ID will be set up at Alex and possibly other locations.
- Monthly reports are still being run
- Number of items checked out to the CS-user at Alex increased the last month while LSM held steady.
- Gracemary, Rebecca, and Andy will meet again to see if patterns exist.
- Question was brought up as to if DTS is being sent items that are checked out to the CS user.
- DOCREF state project is prepared and ready to go
- SMLR project – about 25 titles left and about 20 titles being worked on
- Paul informed that group that he will be more involved and have more oversight in the MARCIVE project.
- Visited Dana recently and gave the group highlights of the visit
- Specific mention of the Processing slip was emphasized for future visits
- Re-trained Illiana on use of online calendar
- EAL clean-up is proceeding and pace will pick up as students are available during the summer for weeding.
- 2 new vouchers recently hired at ALEX, Andrea Collard and Michael Montalbano, will increase their hours to 30 hours a week until
end of fiscal.
- Andrea will spend 25 hours on Jacobi project, 5 hours on receiving
- Micheal’s time is split between Yuhwei, Rob, & Rebecca.
- Updated the group on Dana bindery. It seems to be improving. Has been using the J-client
- The group was reminded to start, if they haven’t already, to use the J-client.
- LSM currently has no students to help in Processing and will need to hire a student
- Will go to the Art Library to take a look at fragile items
- Items charged to the bindery user
- At Alex, all items were found except for seven titles, they will be checked out to MISSING.
- The Dana list is being worked on.
- Updated the group of a report: item types with different locations
- TECHSR and localmaint items
- Items are being returned to the shelves after being checked on via circ-on-the-fly.
- Susan Brower is currently looking at the weekly TECHSR reports and should keep track of these and breakdown by categories
- The in-process is proceeding without major difficulties
- Andy will address the issue of sending the material directly to Access Services at Alex and LSM at a later date
- Susan Brower is looking at the weekly TECHSR reports to match to full record if necessary.
- Working with Fay Austin and Access Services to handle long overdue books
- Reports that the item-type committee from LIS is coming soon
- J-client/Workflows updates
- A document about navigating the toolbar written by Access Services will be distributed soon
- The database will be migrated to the Oracle database platform in May 15, 2008 to May 26, 2008.
- Workflows logins are changing on May 29, 2007. New pin numbers will be distributed via email.
- Reported on a LIS that is being developed at Georgia Pines Library System called Evergreen.
- RUL will be collaborating with University of Colorado on digital scanning projects
- SCC Committee will evaluate all projects that need digitization work.
- Second Life was mentioned as a possible research area for the Libraries to get involved in.
- Report from CDC
- Two candidates for the DANA director position will be presenting next week.
- Policies for retention policies for journals in print and online formats have been updated on the CDC webpage.
Next meeting: June 21, 2007
Location: Alexander Library
Next recorder: Jamie Maguire
Back up recorder: Rebecca Martinez