Minutes of June 19, 2011 Meeting
- Vibiana Cvetkovic - Chair; Elsa Alves; Fay Austin; Zohreh Bonianian; Elizabeth Leister; Orla Mejia; Gene Springs; Marilyn Wilt; Christine Wolff, Geoffrey Wood; Paul Young (minutes)
Introductions and Welcomes
- Vibiana noted that meetings will begin on time and adhere to the times listed on the agenda.
- Introductions - All group members introduced themselves.
- Charge - Vibiana read the charge of the committee.
- Minutes - Paul graciously volunteered to take minutes. Future assignments will most likely proceed in reverse alphabetical order.
- Meeting schedule - Vibiana will send doodle poll. Tues. afternoons are a possibility.
- Vibiana's proposal for a rotating facilitator was met with lukewarm enthusiasm from committee members. She will conduct a doodle poll to obtain specific results.
Discussion of TLC Projects
Two subcommittees will be formed for 2 projects.
- Staff Awards and Recognition
- Training and Learning Opportunities
Marilyn reviewed history and purpose of each.
Goals: Each subcommitee will meet in July, before TLC's next meeting (7/17) in a way that best suits personnel (teleconference,
sakai chat, etc.) for three purposes:
- Outline of time frame.
- Clarity of how to proceed.
- List of questions, if any.
Staff Awards and Recognition - Orla (convener), Zohreh, Christine, Paul.
The sub-group will meet on Tuesday, 7/10/12 at 10:00 am in the Hughes room at ALEX.
- "Scarlet Notes" or "Scarlet Ribbons" for day-to-day" performance;
- 4 "Special Service" or "Recognition" awards with 2 levels:
- Two for "behind the scenes" performance; two for achievement in public service.
- TLC will serve as initial committee to design and implement nomination criteria. Award winners might then join and nominate for the following year.
- Review TLC sakai site for programs from other universities. Reach out to HR for possible collaboration.
- Awards will be made at an annual social event.
- Proposal for awards should be in place by end of summer.
- First ceremony for awards will take place by Spring 2013.
Training and Learning Opportunities - Geoff W. (convener), Elsa, Faye, Gene.
Time and place to be determined.
Open-ended, voluntary participation in the following 4 areas:
Technology; Communication; Professional Development; Health & Safety.
- Offer a list of programs for each subject (access to resources in and out of university.)
- Offer opportunity for feedback; experiences. Accept suggestions for other conferences. Make on-site registration available.
- Interviews w/staff gave us this information; we should be responsive to their input.
- Training and Learning Website should be a comprehensive "go to" site for all training and learning needs. Note that training videos could be linked to website.
To assist the subcommittee, Marilyn reviewed this training site.
- Individual or campus subscription available; over 1,000 courses.
Question of monitoring completion of training courses was brought up. Certificates of completion can be offered. If HR decides a
certain training program is necessary, HR could then organize participation and verify completion.
Training and Development Website
Vibiana set forth the following timeframe:
- Website up and corrected by Sept. 2012.
- Fully operational and "robust" by Spring 2013.
Banned Books Week - Sept. 30th to Oct. 6th
There will be Faculty panels, film exhibits and live readings of banned books in the Scarlet Latte café. It's never too early to
submit ideas for topics, panels, and exhibits!
- Subcommitees to meet in July.
- Schedule for taking minutes.
- Doodle poll for rotating facilitator.
- Doodle poll for meeting day and time.
Next meeting: Tues. July 17th 1:30 pm. ALEX - 3rd Floor Librarians' Conf. Rm.