1. The Dec 2006 minutes were approved as written, with minor changes. Jean will have minutes posted to the TSCWG web site. Melody will resend the Nov 2006 minutes to the group for review, and will then have them posted to the TSCWG site.
2. We discussed batch withdrawal processing of items. The two established methods consist of either charging out items to batchwith or of editing the current location to discard. Both processes shadow the item from the public, allow systems to remove the item from IRIS, and, if the item is the last copy on the record, allow the title to be removed from IRIS, OCLC, and RLIN. It was suggested that batchwith be used for weeding projects and discard be used for all other holdings work. A document describing these processes will be revised by Chris, sent to the group for review, and then be posted to the TSCWG reports web page. The Holdings Focus Group will be reviewing these same processes to develop more formal holdings management usage guidelines.
3. Melody produced a document describing the usage of the new home location called LOCALMAINT. The document describes how the location LOCALMAINT differs from TECHSR, and how and when LOCALMAINT will be used by RUL staff. This document will be reviewed and edited by the Holdings Focus Group. The revised document will then be posted to the TSCWG reports web page. Melody will inform Dean Meister at the Annex of the LOCALMAINT procedures. Jamie and Gracemary agreed to create a LOCALMAINT 'cheat sheet' for use by all RUL staff. Andy volunteered to attend the next Holdings Focus Group meeting to discuss LOCALMAINT from an Access Services perspective.
4. Andy discussed the IN-PROCESS situation in RUL, specifically the numbers and types of material that have IN-PROCESS in the Current or Home location. Some of these items go back prior to 2002. Andy will be running a yearly report on these items in order to assess the backlog. He agreed to distribute parts of his list to those staff interested in the pursuit and cleanup of these particular problems.
5. Due to lack of time, a discussion of the RUL strategic plan was tabled until the next meeting.
Next meeting: [March 7, 2007]: [TSB Conference Room]Time: [10:00]
Next recorder: [Ellen Calhoun]
Back up recorder: [Salvatore Cardinale]