Minutes for June 11, 2007 meeting
- Fay Austin, Paul Cabelli, Ellen Calhoun, Elizabeth Leister, Yuhwei Ling (recorder), Andy Martinez, Rebecca Martinez, Gracemary Smulewitz (chair), Chris Sterback
Videoconference: Iliana Bernal, Fatima Cunha
- Salvatore Cardinale, Jamie Maguire, Melody Tomaszewicz
- Discuss and set goals for the group for 2008 fiscal year.
The group was informed that Melissa De Fino will not be attending the TSCWG Holdings meeting
in the future. Information that is pertinent to her role will be disseminated via group
The group discussed some goals for upcoming fiscal year. A continuum of processes for
multiple departments (interdepartmental work) needs to be established and fleshed out more
- There might be a need to refer back to local working groups to see how it best fits.
- If additional representation is needed, it will be requested.
- A few discussion items were brought up as an example of how different functions were used such as the circulating item check boxes. Shadowed records were also mentioned.
- Information must be brought back locally and shared.
- New documents for standardized workflows and policies should be posted on the TSCWG webpage.
After some discussion, the group decided to bring its focus on the following items for the
upcoming fiscal year
- Shadowed items
- Passive Recon - processes such as circ-on-the-fly, inventory, long overdue, missing items found that bring about a recon activity.
- Tracking - in-process, localmaint, charging to users, binder/preservation, etc.
- Circulating/non-circulating status - Discover how they are being used and rationale behind them, make adjustments and consider a redesigned workflow
- Brief & full records removal - Discover who creates brief records outside of cataloguing and best workflows and practices.
Analysis of the items listed will lead to elimination of duplication of work across
departments and help establish standards for RUL.
Gracemary will meet with representatives in each department to encourage the appropriate
involvement with each discussion topic.
She will also send out a list of appropriate parties who would be involved in each discussion
The group decided on five items to focus on to establish standards for in the 2008 fiscal
- GS will contact representatives in their respective departments to get their involvement with the appropriate discussion topic.
- GS will also send out the list of appropriate parties who should be involved in each topic.
Next meeting: Monday, July 9, 2007
Location: TSB Conference Room
Time: 10:00 am
Next recorder: Elizabeth Leister
Back up recorder: Jamie Maguire