STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes for June 11, 2007 meeting

Present:
Fay Austin, Paul Cabelli, Ellen Calhoun, Elizabeth Leister, Yuhwei Ling (recorder), Andy Martinez, Rebecca Martinez, Gracemary Smulewitz (chair), Chris Sterback
Videoconference: Iliana Bernal, Fatima Cunha
Absent:
Salvatore Cardinale, Jamie Maguire, Melody Tomaszewicz

Agenda

  1. Discuss and set goals for the group for 2008 fiscal year.

Meeting Minutes

The group was informed that Melissa De Fino will not be attending the TSCWG Holdings meeting in the future. Information that is pertinent to her role will be disseminated via group members.

The group discussed some goals for upcoming fiscal year. A continuum of processes for multiple departments (interdepartmental work) needs to be established and fleshed out more comprehensively.

After some discussion, the group decided to bring its focus on the following items for the upcoming fiscal year

  1. Shadowed items
  2. Passive Recon - processes such as circ-on-the-fly, inventory, long overdue, missing items found that bring about a recon activity.
  3. Tracking - in-process, localmaint, charging to users, binder/preservation, etc.
  4. Circulating/non-circulating status - Discover how they are being used and rationale behind them, make adjustments and consider a redesigned workflow
  5. Brief & full records removal - Discover who creates brief records outside of cataloguing and best workflows and practices.

Analysis of the items listed will lead to elimination of duplication of work across departments and help establish standards for RUL.

Gracemary will meet with representatives in each department to encourage the appropriate involvement with each discussion topic.

She will also send out a list of appropriate parties who would be involved in each discussion topic.

Decisions:

The group decided on five items to focus on to establish standards for in the 2008 fiscal year.

Assignments:

  1. GS will contact representatives in their respective departments to get their involvement with the appropriate discussion topic.
  2. GS will also send out the list of appropriate parties who should be involved in each topic.

Next meeting: Monday, July 9, 2007
Location: TSB Conference Room
Time: 10:00 am
Next recorder: Elizabeth Leister
Back up recorder: Jamie Maguire



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/ts-core/minutes/holdings_wg_07-06-11.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)