The User Services Council (USC) is responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of research and instructional
services for students and the development of facilities as learning spaces. The Council:
- proposes and plans system-wide programs;
- provides advice and consultation in its areas of expertise to the library faculty and administration;
- makes operational and policy decisions on issues within its areas of responsibility;
- brings issues forward to the Planning and Coordinating Committee and to the library administration as appropriate;
- communicates in a timely manner on discussions, decisions, and other matters of concern with the library faculty and staff;
- implements programs and procedures that support its decisions, consulting with the Library Resources Council and other committees as needed.
Council members are expected to analyze, synthesize, and communicate information to the groups that they
represent. Likewise, faculty members are expected to communicate regularly with Council representatives on
all matters that Councils should be addressing.