STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of March 4, 2010 Meeting

Present:
Sara Harrington, Natalie Borisovets (Recorder), Grace Agnew, Stephanie Bartz, Susan J. Beck, Mary Fetzer, Judy Gardner, Rebecca Gardner, Melissa Gasparotto, Tom Glynn, Marty Kesselman, Francoise Puniello, Wen-Hua Ren, Eileen Stec, Chris Sterback, Ryan Womack,
Excused:
Melissa De Fino, Caryn Radick
Guests:
Katie Anderson

1. Approval of the Agenda (Sara Harrington)

The agenda was approved as distributed.

2. Approval of the Minutes of the February 4, 2010 Meeting (Sara Harrington)

The minutes are posted in Sakai and approved by email.

3. Presentation on Text Reference (Katie Anderson, Melissa Gasparotto, Marty Kesselman)

The Committee gave an overview, with pros and cons, of the current options for text reference, including SMS and Mosio. Sara will post the report to Sakai so members can check out the links.

Any final resolution on text reference should wait for the report from the Mobile Devices Task Force.

William Paterson has been using Mosio since September; it has received virtually no usage.

Related Discussion:

Perhaps time to look at possible Rutgers participation in Q&ANJ again. Look at the possibility of getting Peter Bromberg or someone else from Q&ANJ to make a presentation to the Council. This should perhaps be set up as a separate meeting.

Natalie and Marty will work on a putting together a list of local issues.

RUSA has new guidelines for Virtual Reference. Susan will present at a later meeting.

It was suggested that USC develop a policy for reference participation, with a goal of striving for equitable participation.

4. Review of Public Service Memos

Policies for which the revised language was accepted were tentatively approved. They will be submitted in final form and they go the Mary Fetzer who will take them to Cabinet.

PSPM 3: Instructional Services Tabled

PSPM 8: Mail Delivery and Pick Up is really an internal policy and should probably go on staff pages.

PSPM 9: Communications Tabled until April meeting

PSPMs should be renamed "Library Policy," all library policies should to available on a "Library Policies" page. The Web Redesign Team should make the final decision on placement of the policies.

Policies should be reviewed by USC on a rotating cycle. A footnote should be added to each one as to when it will be reviewed.

5. Review of USC Work Year-to-Date

6. AUL Updates

Agnew: Tibor Purger, the new Director of Integrated Information Systems will be starting on April 1. OIT has developed a calendaring system which is being considered to replace Bookroom.

Puniello: Some monies are available for facilities upgrades; needs proposals quickly.

7. Information Sharing

Update on Mobile Devises Task Force (McDonald)

Task Force has been very busy; there's lots of information in the Sakai site. It is an open site, but you have to contact Gene or Katie to be added to the list. This committee is not looking at ebooks; there is a separate ebooks task force.

Access and Imaging Services (Gardner)

They will be testing a self-checkout machine at Alexander. Imaging Services has purchased five scanners for public use. They are also offering a binding service for theses.

Serial Solutions (Beck)

If there is only one full-text source for an article, Search for Article/Find It at R will now take the user directly to the article

Reserves Quick Search (Bartz)

Will once again be available from the Libraries home page



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/usr/minutes/usrmin_10_03_04.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)