Minutes of February 9, 2001 Meeting
- Au, Sam, Pat, Constantia, Dave, Marty, Leslie, Rebecca (chair), Vib,
The meeting began at 9:45am in the Pane Room
Rebecca began the meeting by welcoming Constantia to the group.
A. Progress reports
- Sam is developing prototypes for a new design of the webpages.
- the light blue background color may be changed.
- Sam will use CSS for text and colors
- the goal is to separate style and content
- a "How Do I" pull-down menu is being considered.
- Collection Development submission forms
- added required fields
- list of recipients
- will go to CD Council for approval
- no major changes are being considered to Download, Email instructions
- some Nursing journals do not have links in IRIS. Systems is working with Ovid to set up the links to individual titles.
- User Services
- there is no referral to the remote access guide from the Electronic Reserves page. Sam will speak to Judy Gardner about this.
- discussion on need for high-end workstations in the public areas to support databases like SciFinder.
3. Research Guides
- a tentative date has been set for the Research Guide Seminar for the morning of February 23rd.
- the seminare will include information on the development of the guides and a panel discussion with people who have done the guides.
- the invitation to the seminar will go out to all Library Faculty and Staff.
- The Reseach Guide for Social Work is in progress.
4. Presentation on eCollege
5. Instruction Group Report
- a proposal was made for infrastructure support.
- advised that the Library webpage be based on the "How Do I" model.
Next meeting: March 7, 2001
Submitted by BH