STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of July 10, 2002 Meeting

Present:
Ka-Neng Au, Jeanne Boyle, Rebecca Gardner (recorder), Sara Harrington, Theo Haynes, Sam McDonald, Leslie Murtha, Karen Wenk

As this was the first meeting of the new fiscal year, and a chair had not yet been elected for 2002-2004, there was no prepared agenda. Rebecca facilitated the start of the meeting.

1. Jeanne distributed the current charge to the Web Advisory Committee, and asked whether it needed to be updated. It was agreed that no revisions were needed.

2. Rebecca distributed the committee's 2001-02 goals. (See minutes of July 18th, 2001) Upon review, it was determined that all goals were met, with the exception of an assessment of the website, and the implementation of MyLibrary.

3. Goals for 2002-03 were established:

  1. Determine how and when to do assessment of the library pages.
  2. Have the webmaster keep abreast of, and participate in, the development of web content management systems as appropriate for the RUL site.
  3. Determine responsibility for web content.
  4. Continue to review and update content.
  5. Invite/Encourage participation from all of RUL in web content maintenance.
  6. Develop a method for updating the web pages, such as a rolling calendar.
  7. Continue to collaborate on research guides with the Collection Development Council.
  8. Monitor developments in academic library websites as a state of the practice technology watch.

4. Au was elected to chair WAC for 2002-04.

5. The configuration of WAC's subgroups were reviewed. It was acknowledged that "Immediate Things" is a misnomer of sorts at this point. After discussion, "Immediate Things" and Research Guides were combined into one subgroup, which will be called the Content group. The group will be responsible for research guides, and the development and management of content for the library pages. The Design group will continue, and will be responsible for architecture, aesthetics, and keeping abreast of technologies. Members of the two subgroups are as follows:

Content: Au, Leslie, Sam, Theo. Coordinator to be determined.

Design: Karen, Rebecca, Sam (coordinator), Sara.

Theo will ask Vib which subgroup she is interested in joining. Au will do the same for Stephanie.

Jeanne will be liaison to the other Councils.

6. It was suggested that Rebecca write a "year in review" of WAC activities for the Agenda. Included might be reminders about general WAC style guides, index description style sheets, ways of communicating with the webmaster for submitting corrections, etc.

7. The next WAC meeting was scheduled for August 12th at 9:30. Subsequent meetings for the year will be held on the 2nd Monday of the month.



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/web_advisory/minutes/wacmin_02_07_10.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)