As this was the first meeting of the new fiscal year, and a chair had not yet been elected for 2002-2004, there was no prepared agenda. Rebecca facilitated the start of the meeting.
1. Jeanne distributed the current charge to the Web Advisory Committee, and asked whether it needed to be updated. It was agreed that no revisions were needed.
2. Rebecca distributed the committee's 2001-02 goals. (See minutes of July 18th, 2001) Upon review, it was determined that all goals were met, with the exception of an assessment of the website, and the implementation of MyLibrary.
3. Goals for 2002-03 were established:
4. Au was elected to chair WAC for 2002-04.
5. The configuration of WAC's subgroups were reviewed. It was acknowledged that "Immediate Things" is a misnomer of sorts at this point. After discussion, "Immediate Things" and Research Guides were combined into one subgroup, which will be called the Content group. The group will be responsible for research guides, and the development and management of content for the library pages. The Design group will continue, and will be responsible for architecture, aesthetics, and keeping abreast of technologies. Members of the two subgroups are as follows:
Content: Au, Leslie, Sam, Theo. Coordinator to be determined.
Design: Karen, Rebecca, Sam (coordinator), Sara.
Theo will ask Vib which subgroup she is interested in joining. Au will do the same for Stephanie.
Jeanne will be liaison to the other Councils.
6. It was suggested that Rebecca write a "year in review" of WAC activities for the Agenda. Included might be reminders about general WAC style guides, index description style sheets, ways of communicating with the webmaster for submitting corrections, etc.
7. The next WAC meeting was scheduled for August 12th at 9:30. Subsequent meetings for the year will be held on the 2nd Monday of the month.