Minutes of February 14, 2005 Meeting
- K. Au, S. Bartz, K. Hartman (recorder), T. Haynes (Camden) S. McDonald, L. Mullen, K. Wenk
Content Group Report (T. Haynes)
- Indexes and databases the need revisions have been allocated; forthcoming indexes-FDC Reports, EIU, and Official Document System of the United Nations
- Subject guides procedures and policies were finalized and posted and Sam will use the new citation specs in the guides.
- Au is publicizing the new specs and will issue 9-month remainder to guide owners; Laura will encourage her LSM colleagues to update their subject guides and Au and Sam will provide help if needed.
- New guides in process include New Jerseyana, European Studies, and Geology; updates in process-Art, English Literature, East Asian Studies.
- Journal databases such as Kluwer will be added to the database list.
- PSC has recommended that several gray databases (acquired by Rutgers units outside the Libraries) be cataloged in IRIS and listed on the RUL website. The databases are Hein Online and a suite of databases accessible at SMRL.
- Career guide needs a new compiler.
- WAC-C meets again on 2/18/2005.
Design Group Report (S. McDonald)
- No current actions.
- Minor fixes and Searchpath links to be examined today.
Webmaster Report (S. McDonald)
- BookRoom rolled out with some minor hiccups. Release schedules for updates, e.g., printing out a week, have been set-up.
- IPAC (Stephanie)-The Committee's chair has resigned and the group is meeting on Thursday to address this.
- Instructional Services Committee (Theo)-Roll-out plan for Searchpath has been set. It will be made public on 2/21. Libutti has developed an assessment plan for the tutorial.
- Systems (Sam and Au)-Systems now has a secure server; At some future time, Ask A Librarian and Pin requests may migrate to LDAP. In the long-term Book Room, Mediavision and Net ID may also move.
E-Z Proxy rollout was successful; some small changes have to be made to FAQ's. The old proxy server will be retired sometime in August-publicity re: this will begin after Spring Break.
WAC Goals-Upcoming Tasks
- Goals were reviewed in terms of upcoming tasks. Group was reminded to conduct usability studies and contact Au for more cards. Karen will email the questionnaire again.
- Au discussed WAC presence on RUL committees. He requested that the group let him know on what committees they serve.
- WAC will continue to investigate other institution's best practices.
- Sam noted that JAKE is dead. He is investigating another Simon Fraser University product, CUFTS, and will take this to WAC-C.
Next meeting: March 14, 2005