Minutes of February 26, 1999 Meeting
The structural design is in hand. We still need content for:
- Friends/Development Harry and Julia will prepare this
- Calendar of events & news
- need criteria for entering
- need process for how input is to be submitted and posted
- it would be for the public as well as library staff
- At our March meeting we need to address priorities for what needs to be
ready by rollout
Sam is on schedule with coding:
- Logo is available; Sam will resize on request;
see Public Services page for sample
Dave will make arrangement for ftping of logo's from RU Publications Office so developers can point to and use them on unit pages and handouts.
- Sam will make them available for print and non-print products
We will build in assessment of the page(s)
- Will use Assessment subcommittee: Ann Montanaro, Emily Fabiano, Sam Soong.
- This will be done May to June, again in Sept, and again in mid-October
- It is ok to show people where the prototype page is on the WAC page.
Comments were submitted by SACOPS people primarily on the light blue bar, that maybe it
should be removed from the top page.
- Discussion of how to respond to SACOPS comments
- We probably won't remove or change the blue bar from the top page.
- Maybe it would be better to clean up the right side, reduce the clutter and verbage
- Keep the structure; run the top page through another iterationRon will respond to SACOPS
- Indexes Page
- Categories need to be audited to verify group assignment
- Au will check the list to see what needs to be checked to determine correctness of categorization and to adjust titles to indicate subject.
- Multiple icons indicate interdisciplinary pages; there will be no sublists. These will be finable only by icon scanning.
- Next steps: second level
- Services page being worked on
- Libraries and Collections (Rebecca)
- Digital Collections (Ron)
I' Things Group
A list was distributed of progress on items submitted to I' Things (attached)
Research Guides Group
- Lourdes Vasquez' pages are representative samples of the new look: Latin American Studies, Anthropology, Africana Studies
- Housing will be a sample with the logo
- Guidelines are to be distributed
- Will work on abandoned guides
- only orphan is Political Science
- Econ will be offered to new business librarian at Kilmer
- African American Studies was subsumed by Africana and American History pages