Minutes of June 23, 1999 Meeting
- K. Au, J. Boyle, R. Gardner, H. Glazer, T. Haynes, D. Hoover,
R.Jantz, S. McDonald
Committee members provided some initial feedback e.g. number of
mouse clicks vs scrolling down long pages; misconstruing design elements
as links. We need to encourage the RUL community to make the new site
their web homepage.
- Progress reports
- Design Group
The group summarized major changes to the overall look of the
site. Some of these were: page width; indexes by subject; scaled-down
Digital Library Projects section; new FAQs.
Some items were identified as priorities for the week of July
12, the public cut-over date.
- Review Committee
Changes to the "right side" were sent to S. McDonald for
editing;similar changes to the "left side" will be submitted soon.
There was a short discussion on the process for putting up new
databases. T. Haynes will coordinate input from selectors before
informing S. McDonald for link(s) to be made live on the RUL site. D.
Hoover will then update the proxy server to accomodate remote access.
The note announcing the new site was sent to a few departmental
listservs; more should be contacted, along with the Camden and Newark
mail servers and a University-wide newsgroup
Changes were made to the flyer (from H. Glazer) announcing the
new site. It will be sent to Campus Reprographics for duplication and
distribution to all administrators and faculty; it should be in their
mailboxes the week of July 12. R. Janz will send another e-mail notice
to remind RUL community about the cut-over.
- Other items
- The direction that the new design was taking was approved by Cabinet.
- H. Glazer will meet with J. Boyle regarding the "Friends" section of
the new site.
- S. McDonald will be conducting six workshops to introduce the new site
to staff members on all campuses.
- D. Hoover will run a sanity test of the new site on June 30 (before he
goes on vacation) and let us know if there are any problems.
- For next meeting (July 21, 9:30am)
- info on public facilities in unit libraries
- composition of WAC following resignations
- publicity for the Fall Roll-out
- circulation brochures for unit libraries
- workplan for remaining pages and content