Minutes for March 17, 2008 Meeting
- Grace Agnew, Shaun Ellis, James Hartstein, Ron Jantz, Choong Hoong Liew, Sam McDonald, Chad Mills, Li Sun
- Mary Page
- Laura Mullen
Welcome: New Member: James Hartstein
1) Drupal Updates / Status (Sam, Choong)
- Recoded the indexes and people hooks to use new categories structures
for subjects. New structure allow multiple parents for a subject
- De-bugged some path problems for the project management module.
- Revising initial code to be separate re-usable classes.
2) Presentation for CDC, Thursday, March 20 (Sam, all)
- Stepped through the outline of a presentation created by Sam.
- Describing how workflow will change was suggested.
- Mentioned how some of the ability to generate lists and pages may help
Many new ideas were generated:
- Adding a custom central search widgets to allow searching across all
databases for a subject
- A 'person' page might eventually have several widgets available. (Sort
of like Facebook.)
- Filling/enhancing out a person page might be a task that can be part
- The process of having the selector teams to create a list of subjects
for Drupal was outlined
3) Proposal for Document Management using Drupal (Grace)
- Grace presented a PowerPoint mockup of how documents might be managed
using content likely to be in the Selector's Toolkit as an exemplar.
- Shaun will look into various solutions and approaches and report back.
4) Listserv/Sakai space firstname.lastname@example.org (Sam)
- Closed site for committee members.
- Created primarily for the listserv capabilities.
5) Expanding Google Search to include RUcore and SCC main websites (Sam)
- Sam described how the Google search on the RUL site could be expanded
to not only include libraries.rutgers, but also
rucore.libraries.rutgers, and www.scc.rutgers.edu.
- It was decided to implement ASAP.
6) Drupal for Project Management Updates (Shaun, Chad)
- The system works quite well.
- It was noted that the tool is only useful if the project data is very
consistently and scrupulously maintained.
- How to start usage? A couple of projects will be entered immediately
and we will grow from there.
- Some policies will need to written to ensure that data entry and
maintenance is held to a high level of usefulness.
- Choong will enter MemDB project data.
- Extending the Project Management module will be looked at by Chad,
Shaun, and Choong.
8) Drupal, for Fall 2008 (Sam, all)
- Sam shared an initial draft outline of what a barest-bones minimal
rollout would entail.
- The primary first rollout would be just indexes.