Minutes for May 17, 2010 Meeting
- Hartstein, Jantz, McDonald, Nakagama, Purger
- Hoover, Mills, Sun
- Drupal 6 Upgrade/ Who's Who Release Status (McDonald)
- Use of WordPress in Various Applications and Associated Mobile Apps (Hartstein)
- Handing off of Choong's Project Responsibilities (Jantz, Purger, McDonald)
- PC Availability (McDonald)
- Update on Event Display (Hartstein)
- Miscellaneous Business
- Singleness Database (Jantz)
- Next Meetings
The actual agenda got shuffled around as discussions progressed.
1) Handing off of Choong's Project Responsibilities (Ron, Tibor, Sam)
We used a list prepared by McDonald that listed which projects would be maintained by whom.
Hartstein is owner/maintainer of all decommissioned/archived projects.
Changes made (amended list attached below):
Augestine: Triggs to Hartstein
SCC Data Services: Hartstein to Womack
Crosstime National Time Series: Triggs to Womack
- We want to move the archived projects into RUcore. (Note: there are more archived projects than were previously managed by Choong.)
- Jantz will ask Ananthan to write specifications for a content model for "software" and add it to WMS so an initial test project can be ingested by Hartstein. The content model will probably need to have a tar (master format for archiving), zip (for "presentation", and pdf (for overview/description etc.). A copy of the pdf would be placed in the Software Project Management System and the executive summary to be used in the free-text description in the Software Project Management System. McDonald will provide a draft overview outline so the overview/description PDF's can be consistent and complete.
- The MSAccess database projects are "Archive Level 1," which means that they will be archived with no commitment to migrate the file formats forward.
- Hartstein will begin with looking to move Beljour to RUcore. He can easily work with Womack to get a description. When migrating these archived projects to RUcore Hartstein will look to see if the code includes passwords. Jantz will ask Womack if this project actually needs to be preserved in RUcore or just deleted. (A description and history of Beljour will still need be written for placement in Software Project Management).
- Triggs: Migrate Serbian Digest (Vreme) from ColdFusion to PHP. There also several more years of content to be added. Purger will speak to Niessen about the project history. We wondered if a browsable site map could be created to allow indexing by search engines. Triggs can include this functionality in his migration.
2) New Business
Moving ETD from SCC to Systems
We want to move this production application to Systems.
Currently there are some development applications sharing the same server as ETD.
This migration will be discussed in the near future when Mills returns from vacation. (meeting tentatively planned to me at 2pm on May 25). Nakagama proposes an ETD-only server at Systems.
3) Drupal Release
Upgrade to 6/Index additions
Index additions include a new field for "Concurrent users" and a new state for connect buttons "Restricted-no proxy challenge".
After data and application testing we can decide if it has initial features to at least do a soft-rollout.
Reviewed the task list provided by McDonald (attached). A specific timeline is not computable yet, but we will
endeavor to take steps as fast as we can.
5) Use of WordPress in Various Applications and Associated Mobile Apps (James)
Initial development for a demo application of WordPress to support a project has been done.
NJDH has a demo where a WordPress app can provide web page news as well as RSS feeds of that news to a specially configured iPhone app. This could be extended to other projects such as NJEDL, RUcore etc.
Jantz and Purger will speak to Langschied to take this demo to production. We had an additional discussion on how iPhone applications should be registered and managed in the iStore.
6) PC Availability (Sam)
The specifications for the application have changed slightly. Instead of one large table showing both NetID and Guest PC availability, the two classes will be in two separate tables.
7) Update on Event Display (James)
- Jantz and Hartstein outlined a history of the project for Purger.
- Currently based on data fed from BookRoom. Zimbra at RU has now existing or easy apparatus to provide Room Reservation/Events Information.
- The path forward on extracting this kind of data from Zimbra for event display is unclear.
- Purger will speak to Buttman and see how Zimbra API's might allow sharing/exposing room and event data.
- Would like to purchase and mount a large display for TLH events.
- A large display could either be mounted on a mobile kiosk (that could be safely stored), or mounted by the storage room by the entrance of the TLH. Jantz and Hartstein will speak to Puniello about taking these large display screen plans forward.
8) Miscellaneous Business: Singleness Database (Ron)
Jantz will speak to the project owner about converting the bibliography into a single stand-alone PDF.
10) Next Meeting
Monday, June 7, 2010 - Location: TBA
- Jantz: Communicate to Womack his project responsibilities.
- Jantz: Ask Ananthan to write specifications for a content model for "software" and add it to WMS.
- Jantz: Speak to the project owner about converting the bibliography of the Singleness Database into a single stand-alone PDF.
- Hartstein: Begin with looking to move Beljour to RUcoreby by first getting a description from Womack and finding the archived files.
- McDonald: Meet with Mills to move Drupal migration along.
- McDonald: Communicate to Mills the changes of responsibility so the changes can be made in Software Project Management.
- McDonald: Provide a draft overview outline so the overview/description PDF's can be consistent and complete.
- McDonald: Revise code for PC Availability.
- Purger: Speak to Buttman and see how Zimbra API's might allow sharing/exposing room and event data.
- Purger: Speak to Niessen about Vreme project history.
- Triggs: Migrate Serbian Digest (Vreme) from ColdFusion to PHP. There also several more years of content to be added.
- Jantz, Mills, et al: Discuss ETD migration from SCC to Systems.
- Jantz and Purger: Speak to Langschied about making WordPress features live (for NJDH).
- Jantz and Hartstein: Speak to Puniello about taking these large display screen plans forward.
Re-assigned Projects from Chong to another Maintainer
- Clean Ocean and Shore Trust (COAST)
- Gender Scholars
- Italy's Peoples
- NBL Search
- New Jersey Encyclopedia
- SCC Data
- SCC DataCenter Statistics
- SCC Software Database
- Arachne @ Rutgers
- Common Knowledge Database
- Knowledge Structures & the Information Professions
- New Jersey Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Companies Directory
- NJ Magazine
- Singleness Studies Bibliography
- Alexander Library CD-ROMs and Data Sources
- Microforms in Alexander Library
- Microforms on Loan to RRS and ILL
- George H. Cook Scholar Papers
- Gov Pubs Split
- Topomaps Inventory
- Bi Stats
- Open Journal System (OJS)
- Ref Stats
- Alcohol History
- Medieval and Early Modern Data Bank (MEMDB)
- New Jersey Women's History
- Women In Leadership Database (WILD)
- Cross National Time Series (CNTS)
- How-to Guides
- Numeric and GIS Data Research Guide
- SCC Data Services
Task list for next Drupal Rollout
Customized parts of Drupal (not done via admin interface)
Boost and templates
- htaccess file
- code inside node 434
Drupal 6 Upgrade
- Boost / Cacheing
- re-write rules
- //www.libraries.ru & //libraries.ru
- Index content
- Small bugs and changes?
- heading color, backpath size
- New WYSISWYG editor
- new state for connect buttons/label
- concurrent users field
- index headings in grey rather than dark blue..size might differ
Who's Who http://drupal-dev.scc-net.rutgers.edu/cms/whos_who
- Status of features
- Work with Boost .. on celebrian?
Updates, Security etc. (modules)
- CKEditor - WYSIWYG HTML editor 6.x-1.0 Recommended version: 6.x-1.1 (2010-Mar-11)
CKEditor 3.2 "You are using a feature that requires $cookie_domain to be set,
but it is not set in your settings.php"
- Content Taxonomy 6.x-1.0-rc2 (2009-Aug-19)
- FileField 6.x-3.2 Security update: 6.x-3.3 (2010-May-05)
- ImageField 6.x-3.2 Security update: 6.x-3.3 (2010-May-05)
- Views 6.x-2.8 Recommended version: 6.x-2.10 (2010-Apr-08)
Security update: 6.x-2.9 (2010-Apr-07)
- Who's Who data entry (Sam)
- data syncing from production to Drupal dev (Sam)
(note: no dump from elrond to drupal dev needed)
- test plan for Drupal 6 functionality, especially Boost (Sam)
- test plan for Who's Who (Sam)
- test plan for content checking (Sam)
- testing Who's Who (Sam)
- fixes, re-test
Move to Reaper
- review recent changes
- test Drupal 6 speed (Boost, caching) (Sam et al.)
- testing Drupal 6 functionality, especially Boost (Sam)
- any fixes?
- set up new server (Dave)
- prepare and share with Dave a Drupal tar for putting on new server for testing ( )
- put Drupal on new server (Dave)
- migrate elrond services to new server (Dave)
- testing (Dave, Sam, et al.)