New Brunswick PC Coordination Team Minutes December 11, 2002
Attending: Stephanie Bartz (Team Leader), Isaiah Beard, Tony Joachim, Kevin McGuire (recorder)
- Four laptops have arrived, and are now at Alexander, LSM, Douglass and Kilmer. Two additional laptops are coming, one of which will go to Alexander and the second to the Art Library.
- A recommendation will be made to NBISSG that a page listing laptop specifications, contact persons, and policies/rules be added to the NBL Web site. Isaiah will begin to draft the page, and Stephanie will refer the recommendation to NBISSG.
- At this point the contact persons to arrange to borrow the laptops are the Administrative Assistants at Kilmer, Alexander, and LSM, and the PC Coordinator at Douglass. The laptops are not limited to any specific New Brunswick campus, so if two are needed on one campus on a given day then a laptop kept at another library may be used.
- Librarians and staff using the laptops will be asked not to install software on the laptops without prior consultation with the PC coordinators. They will also be asked not to leave any personal files on the laptops.
2. NBL Website:
- The PC team is now responsible for managing and maintaining the site. Plans for updating and cleaning up the pages were discussed.
- Isaiah will set up permissions for Tony to work on the Web site, and Isaiah, Tony, and Stephanie will work on revisions.
- Reference Team Leaders and chairs of other NBL groups will be asked to forward minutes and other items to be posted to the NBL site to their local PC Coordinator. Materials will be passed to Isaiah, Tony, or Stephanie for posting.
- Stephanie will consult with NBISSG to determine how long to retain minutes on the site.
- The NBL server at LSM will be decommissioned and the Web site moved to an SCC server. Isaiah will contact Mike Giarlo and make arrangements for the transition.
- Isaiah will be moving to the Unit Computing Specialist position in the SCC effective January 13, 2003. Until his replacement arrives at LSM, Isaiah will continue to provide support for LSM. Public service needs and SCC events will be given first priority, but he will respond as needed to LSM computing needs. Tony will provide additional support as needed, and Marilyn Tankiewicz will continue writing tickets as always.
Next Meeting: January 15, 2003, at 2:00 p.m., at Douglass Library.