New Brunswick PC Coordination Team Minutes December 17, 2003
Present: Stephanie Bartz (Team Leader)(recorder), Tony Joachim, Pamela Johnson
Excused: Kevin McGuire
1. Building Closures:
There was a discussion of where PC Coordinators should work in the event that their home
libraries have unscheduled closings. The recommendations were that Tony report to Alex or LSM
and Pam to Alex or Douglass. Reference Team Leaders at Douglass and LSM will be consulted
before the recommendations are put into practice.
- The four NBL building listservs will be uniformly set to allow postings from people who are not subscribed to those lists. This is in response to several instances in the past when unsubscribed staff have needed to post messages and were unable to do so.
- Staff at the branch libraries will be uniformly included on the building list for the appropriate main library (e.g., staff at Art and Annex are included on the alex_bldg list).
- The 4 PC Coordinators will be subscribed to all 4 building lists to promote information sharing and backup between libraries.
- Three laptops are still to be labelled. Pam will complete the labelling and creation of individual signout sheets by the end of January 2004.
- An additional statement, "Please report laptop problems to the appropriate PC Coordinator," will be added to the laptop policy posted on the NBL website.
4. Software Inventory:
Tony is designing a database for the software inventory that will allow users to view licenses
by library or software; make reports; add new software; find out how many licenses are owned
for each product and if all are in use; find out where the physical software is being held;
and determine who has the software installed on their PC.
5. Updates and Other:
- Tony and Stephanie will be meeting with Marilyn Wilt and Myoung Wilson on Friday, December 19 to discuss the training proposal.
- Pam and Tony continue to meet to work on instruction modules.
- D21 is progressing.
- LSM Collection Services computers will be moved and stored between Monday, December 22 and the afternoon of Wednesday, December 24 to accommodate work on the ceiling. They will need to be put back in place when the library reopens after the New Year.
Next Meeting: Thursday, January 28, 2004, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m., at Kilmer Library.