New Brunswick PC Coordination Team Minutes March 17, 2004
Attending: Stephanie Bartz (Team Leader), Tony Joachim, Pamela Johnson (recorder), and Kevin McGuire.
1. New & Replacement PCs and PC Survey:
The PCWG PC Needs Assessment surveys have started to come in. The team agreed to send another
reminder to NBL staff and faculty on Wednesday, week of March 22nd.
The twelve PCs coming out of the SCC for redistribution have been delayed. Systems will need
to re-image these PCs. In-addition, nine new Dell PCs have been ordered. The distribution list
for these 21 PCs and others that will be recycled will be finalized and sent to Systems by the
end of the month.
Laptop Sign-Out Form
Pam presented the modification to the draft design of the sign-out form. The group approved
the first round of modifications. One additional change was recommended after the meeting.
Pam has three laptops that still need to be labeled: Douglas/ELF, Alexander/ELF and the Art
Tony is working on a database of New Brunswick software licenses.
Stephanie and Tony will be meeting with Marilyn Wilt to discuss delivering a mini training
session on Web Tools.
3. NBL Web Site:
- Tony is looking into designing a web site template for NBL minutes.
- Stephanie and Tony have created additional BI stats reports for viewing via the web. Additional reports may be needed.
- Systems is working to address the issue of adding another (student worker) PC to Collection Services at LSM. The PC will be based on availability after the SCC swapping occurs. Kevin indicated that he might have an older PC back at Kilmer that may offer a solution for Systems. Kevin will check and let Pam know.
- Stephanie reported that a total of thirty-eight new Dell PCs have been approved and ordered for RUL, nine of which, as previously mentioned, are slotted for NBL. Systems is expecting delivery in two weeks.
- As a member of the Route 18 Task Force, Tony gave the team a summary of the construction phases and the impact it will have on the university.
- The group discussed the employee/staff "Exit Procedure" form.
- The group discussed the need for the Network Drive cleanup.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 18, 2004, after PCWG Meeting