May 2, 1988 To: Librarian's Cabinet From: Evelyn Greenberg Assistant University Librarian for Public Services Subject:
1) Material with a bibliographic record will not be stored
2) Retrieval of items within cartons/boxes is not possible
3) A list of material stored and its status will be distributed to the Cabinet annually.
4) Items scheduled to be taken from the Warehouse will be removed and delivered as scheduled throughout the year.
SPACE ALLOCATION: Approximately 50% of the space will be for (?)long term 1-5 years) storage, 30% for medium term (6 months to 2 years) and 20% for short term (2 weeks to 6 months).
1) Date of shipment
2) Time period for storage.
a) 6 months or less
b) 6 months to 2 years
c) 2 to 5 years.
3) Whether available for another library's permanent or temporary use.
4) Form of material, e.g. boxed, crated, unpackaged equipment, etc.
5) Measurements, or square footage required for storage. Include any information about fragility or environmental needs.
EXAMPLES OF EXPECTED MATERIALS: Book sale material already reviewed and awaiting a scheduled sale; boxed gift materials awaiting scheduled shipment to site for bibliographer review; furniture or equipment delivered before a site is ready; stacks/shelves in usable condition with the possibility of being used at a Rutgers library; temporarily spare/excess equipment; equipment to be used for part; etc.
3/88 Approved: University Librarian, on advice of Cabinet, April 27, 1988
PSA MEMO #15 - Page 2
LIBRARY WAREHOUSE -- MATERIAL STORED -- SPRING '88 SOURCE/LIBRARY DATE IN DATE OUT SQ. FT. DESCRIP. COMMENTS 1. Ctrl Tech Svc 1987 8/89 95 Books & LC catalogs (Alex) new bldg wooden shelving 2. SC/A 1985 long term 30 consumers product testing machines, Washington, NJ 3. Acquisition 1987 May '88 6 Burr gift in (Alex) cartons 4. G. Kanzler 1985+ long term 10 Dealers' from Francis (Alex. Acq.) catalogs Johns 5. Copy Center 1985+ long term 90 Microform on industrial (D. Cryan) machines used for spare parts 6. IMLR & Alex '87 Spring '88 6 Books in cartons 7. Alex Acquisitions 3/88 8/88 5 Hungarian books, held gift 8. Kilmer Library 3/88 1-2 years 25 Cartons of NJHRC NJHMRS materials catalogs owned by grant 9. LSM 2/88 long term 250 end posts, estey end panels brand shelves,shelf white & end pieces beige.