Creating a Data CD from a staff workstation
The purpose of this document is to outline the steps needed to create a data cd. Roxio CD Creator
software is capable of more in-depth cd creation than is contained in this document. If your needs are
greater than what is explained here please refer to the Help files offered by the software program.
- Go to Start/Programs/Roxio Easy CD Creator/Applications/Easy CD Creator
- From the File menu choose New CD Project and choose the type of project according to your needs (for
the purposes of this document we will choose Data CD).
- Place a blank writeable cd in your cd drive
- Using the Select Source window, located at the top of the CD Creator window, navigate to the file or
directory you'd like to copy. To select more than one file at a time hold down the CTRL key while
- Once all the files you want copied files are selected click the Add button.
- If you are ready to create the cd click the Record button
- Click on Options and make sure that the Track-At-Once and Finalize Session. Don't finalize CD radio
buttons are clicked. This will enable you to record again using the same cd.
- If you have copied everything you need to the cd and will not want to add anything in the future click
the Finalize CD. Once this button is clicked the cd will no longer be writeable.
- Remember that CD-R discs can only be written to or finalized once. CD-RW allows for the deletion of
existing files and the addition of new files.
Using the Disk Copier feature from Roxio
If you have data on a cd that you would like to copy to another cd you can use the Disk Copier feature.
Bear in mind that it is unlawful to copy material that you do not own the copyright to or have express
permission from the owner to copy their material
- Go to Start/Programs/Roxio Easy CD Creator/Applications/Disk Copier
- Read the Copyright information and click okay
- Put the disk containing the information you want to copy from in the cd-rom drive. Once the software
registers the information from the disk choose copy. The data will be copied to a temporary directory on
your hard drive.
- Place the disk you want to copy the data to in the cd-rom drive
and the copy will begin automatically.