Webmail Tools: E-Mail Forwarding on RCI
Setting Up E-Mail Forwarding
This feature is available to users who prefer to have copies of incoming e-mail forwarded to another account or, who choose to access another e-mail address instead of their Rutgers account. While it is recommended that users access their Rutgers e-mail, it is possible to automatically forward messages received on this account to another. During this time, all e-mail received on your Rutgers account will be sent to an address designated by you.
Activating E-Mail Forwarding
- Go to the following URL: https://webmail.rci.rutgers.edu. All mail tools are accessed through the SquirrelMail webmail program.
- Enter the user name (NetID) and password from your RCI e-mail account in the Name and Password login boxes, and then press login.
- Select the Webtools link at the top of the screen.
- Under Setup, click on the forward link.
- Select Setup forward from the two options provided.
- The next screen that appears shows a simple form with a field for entering the e-mail address to which you would like your messages forwarded. In the space provided, type the complete forwarding address, being sure to double check the spelling to ensure proper delivery.
If you choose, you can also have a copy of each forwarded e-mail saved to your Rutgers e-mail account by clicking the "Copy to my local account" checkbox. If this option is not selected, messages will simply be delivered to the designated e-mail address, and no duplicate e-mail will be saved to your Rutgers account.
- When you are finished, simply click the
Submit button. You will receive confirmation that your e-mail forwarding setup has been successfully completed.
Deactivating E-Mail Forwarding
- If you choose to deactivate e-mail forwarding, follow steps 1 to 4 above.
- Select Disable forward. You will receive confirmation that your e-mail forwarding has been disabled.