Minutes of September 17, 2002 Meeting
- K. Au, S. Bartz, I. Beard, D. Belasco, A. Butman, D. Cryan, M.
Giarlo, N. Gonzaga, T. Joachim, D. Kuzma, J. Maxymuk, K. McGuire
1. Systems Update
- PC Purchase Plan – machines have been ordered.
- ACIC Swap – Alex, Kilmer, LSM & the satellites are all done; Camden will
be done this week and Newark next week
- ELF machines – the remaining ELFs will be installed this month. The
classroom machines were ordered and will be installed starting in
December when the rooms are free.
- CD-ROM machines – they have arrived and will be installed by the end of
- Server Upgrades – Nick will start on Chang this weekend. Camden and LSM
are half done. 4.1.1 servers are the top priority and will be done by
- Videoconferencing Equipment – Nick gave us a demo of the new
videoconferencing setup that is installed at TSB and will be installed
at Alex, Camden and Newark in the next week. The system allows for up to
four sites to connect at one time.
2. PCWG Web Page
We discussed filling in the blank pages on the PCWG web site. John will
send Nick a list of Group members and meeting minutes back to January
2002. Au will work on a page of Useful Links. John will bring the Role
and Function of the PC Working Group document to the next meeting so we
can update it and upload it under Charge.
3. Old/New Business
Discussion points included whether to shift to Internet Explorer from
Netscape (Systems supports both equally), that Quicktime should be a
standard plug-in, that the public machine image for the Spring semester
will include an option only for web mail, and the Newark now has public
4. Future meeting dates
Upcoming PCWG meetings will be on October 15, November 19 and December
17 at TSB.
Recorded by John Maxymuk