Minutes of October 15, 2002 Meeting
- K. Au, S. Bartz, I. Beard, D. Cryan, N. Gonzaga, T. Joachim, J.
Maxymuk (via videoconference), K. McGuire.
1. Systems Update
- ELF machines – all ordered ELF machines have been delivered and will be installed in the coming months.
- Server Upgrades – Chang is done. Camden, Dana and Kilmer will be done in the next couple of weeks.
- Trouble Ticket system is down temporarily and PC coordinators should notify Systems of problems via telephone or email for the time being.
2. PCWG Web Page
John sent Nick a list of Group members and meeting minutes back to
February 2002. Au created a page of Useful Links. We discussed the Role
and Function of the PC Working Group document, and John will update it
and post that to the PCWG list so that all can review it before Nick
uploads it under Charge. Discussion of the Microcomputer Support
document was tabled until next month when Anne Butman is in attendance.
3. Old/New Business
- Grace Agnew stopped by to ask the Group to draft a report on whether a
wireless network is worthwhile and how much maintenance would be
involved. Nick and Isaiah will work on this.
- New scanners are being installed for ereserve.
4. Future meeting dates
- Upcoming PCWG meetings will be on November 19 and December 17 at TSB.
Recorded by John Maxymuk