Minutes of September 15, 2009 Meeting
- Joe Abraham, Stephanie Bartz, Mary Belasco, Anne Butman, John Gibson, Nick Gonzaga, James Hartstein, Pamela Johnson (recorder), Ken Kuehl, Andrew Ruggiero, Rich Sandler, Chris Singh, Darryl Voorhees
- Ashwin Bijur, John Maxymuk
- Ka-Neng Au, Steve Dalina, Kevin McGuire
1. Systems Update
- Anne will be mailing out the Ghost software by the end of the week to Chris at Dana.
- Anne will be working with Chad on the ILS / Illiad issues will worked today with Chad on the Cadman Law spelling issue, RUL ILL pickup location.
- Next priority for Systems will be the implementation of PC Reservation at LSM on Thursday; with Art, Chang and Math to follow. Kilmer, Alcohol Studies and SMLR are not scheduled for PC Reservation, at this time. Joe will ask at the next ISSG meeting; sharing open public PC access locations with patrons.
- A UMDNJ subgroup will be created in PC Reservation. This subgroup will give the medical students access time up to twenty-two hours per day. Each student's access time would be valid across RUL for one year from the time of its creation.
- Wireless access to UMDNJ articles and databases from LSM or RU is being explored; as another means of having greater access within RU for the UMDNJ student.
- Workflows client was updated successfully.
2. Calendar Project
Anne is looking to start testing of two calendar products, Zimbra and Brown Bear. All (PCWG members)
are invited to participate in the testing. The option to test the products one at a time was chosen
over testing side by side. As per Mark Winston suggestion, the Admin assistants will also take part in
the testing. Anne agrees that the assistants input will have valuable insight. Anne has a request into
the Rider IT department, to take a look at their Brown Bear calendar implementation.
3. Goals for the Group
John Maxymuk is waiting for a goals write up from Grace Agnew. Some items expected to be in the write
- Implementation of lending Netbooks at the libraries, Kilmer might be the beta site. Policy issues would need to be put in place.
- Restructuring the PC allocation; a closer look at the way allocations are made.
- Implement and test a backup plan in New Brunswick.
- Roll out the backup plan across RUL.
- Select and implement the calendar system.
- Network printing for all faculty and staff.
4. Old / New Business
- Stephanie shared that Grace said PCWG should report to User Service Council
- Chris indicated that the disability PC and scanner at Dana has been setup; Kurzweil, JAWs 5.0
- John asked if an extra JAWs license was available for Camden. Anne will look into it.
- Anne reported that Kurzweil Training is scheduled for 12/1 at LSM, 12/2 at Dana and 12/4 at Robeson
- John, Chris and Joe indicated that students are requesting a desire to print to OIT computer labs printers. Anne will follow up.
- Darryl indicated that the next release of BarCode Plus may have print payment options for students RU Express card, at a lower rate.
- Joe inquired as to when Valeda's laptop will be returned. Anne indicated that the laptop may get ship to him, he should then send it to Systems
- Stephanie questioned the status of Valeda's desktop PC at LSM. Pam indicated that the PC is currently being used by Robert Sewell, Francoise Puniello and Judy Gardner
5. Next meeting
October 20, 10:00 a.m. -12:00p.m. (Recorder: K. Kuehl)