Minutes of May 3, 2011 Meeting
- Joseph Abraham (chair), Ka Neng Au, Ashwin Bijur, Anne Butman, John Gibson, James Hartstein, Ken Kuehl (recorder), Kevin McGuire, Andrew Ruggiero, Rich Sandler, Chris Singh
- John Maxymuk
- Stephanie Bartz, Nick Gonzaga, Pam Johnson, John Mulez, Darryl Voorhees
Reports and Updates
Back Up Sub Group (Joseph Abraham for Nick Gonzaga)
- More delays due to vacation days and RUcore problems
- CDW will demo the DLO solution next week
Technical Skills Series (John Gibson)
- Contacted Tibor and Sam -- no reply. Joe will follow up.
Lending Laptop (Kevin McGuire)
- Statistics for entire year from Art Library are forthcoming
- Kilmer will start with 5 netbooks this summer
RUL online communications and videoconference reference (Rich Sandler)
- Adobe Connect Now videoconference reference was demonstrated for the Web Board by Richard Sandler and Tom Glynn.
- Blue Jeans Network (Month free trial) being tested . Offers cross platform interoperability for communication devices. Desk top videoconference software can connect to a room videoconference codec.
- The PCWG meeting utilized the recently tested Continuing Education MCU. The RUL can hold online meetings with up to eight locations in attendance. (four was the previous maximum)
There were some audio issues that need to be resolved.
Integrated Information Systems (Anne Butman)
- Voice Over IP on hold, getting back on track.
- Hopeful to get more desktops. Looking to move to Windows 7 - mixed upgrading. Too many machines no good for upgrade.
- Image changes need to be submitted by June or July 1.
- Forming group to investigate possible PC reservation software. Users getting around system. Test things over summer.
Hill Center outage on May 24 -25 (Joseph Abraham)
- Everything down on Hill Center servers May 24 8a-10p, with May 25 as a buffer date. IIS will send out a more detailed announcement.
Gibson: Changes in renovation coming shortly, updated some public machines for availability
Hartstein: Vacation May 9 - 17th. Backup Isaiah or Sho.
Abraham: Alex/Art using temporary student PC Reservations account. Glynn wants to know if
others are interested.
Singh: Upgrading Dana group study rooms.
McGuire: Kilmer getting major OIT upgrade maybe 60 new student computers increased from
32. Hopefully more printers.
Sandler: Will update videoconference endpoints list.
Butman: Students want to lock devices on table. Electronic display monitors for major
Next meeting: June 21