Revue des lettres modernes Example 2
Multiple items listed in holdings
This example from the Revue des lettres modernes is a
specific case of the general class covered by the example
CAT/SET/A -- Multiple volumes -- Separate
numbering -- non-consecutive.
- The CALL (or LCAL as required) will contain the base call number without any individual
- The base call number for Revue des lettres modernes is
- No CCAL b is needed
- The MDES for each individual item will contain the specific series
volume numbers in that separate physical piece
- NOTE: All series numbers for an individual item
span a range of numbers (e.g., no.346/350).
- NOTE: Series numbers for an individual item are
found in the colophon and are shown there with the numbers
separated by a dash (e.g., no.346-350). ALWAYS replace the
dash with a slash (e.g., no.346/350) when transcribing those
numbers for our local use.
- For each item shown in an MDES, the LANT will equate its volume
number within the title to its volume number within the series
This example shows a serial title with three volumes, in this case
the first three, listed in the MDES.
Paris, Lettres modernes.
v. 19 cm. (La Revue des lettres modernes)
LDF: FORMAT: no.-- (in ser.)
L.C. CALL NO: PN3.R4 subser.
RLIN holdings screen:
LOC ALEX LCAL
LANT \V.1, no.346/350 in ser.; v.2, no.484/490; v.3, no.682/687
COP 1 MDES no.346/350
COP 1 MDES no.484/490
COP 1 MDES no.682/687