End Processing of SC/UA Materials
- Always write the call number in pencil on the upper right hand corner of the title page or title page verso of the item.
If item is lacking a title page, or if the title page is unattached, write the call number on the nearest page to the title
page. Do not write the call number on wrappers, envelopes, etc. Only write the call number on the title page or the nearest
page to the title page.
- For items that will be housed in their own envelope:
- Affix the barcode on the lower right hand corner of the envelope.
- Do not write anything on the envelope.
- Print out the Vol./Copy screen, and place this in the envelope with the item. Print out only the Vol./Copy screen for the
item in the envelope, and print out one Vol./Copy screen for each item. Place only the Vol./Copy screen in the envelope
with the item. Do not include serials processing forms, IRIS printouts, etc.
- Do not give these items acid free strips.
- Place items in their appropriate box for labeling. Please note that the boxes are divided into sections for different
- For items without an envelope, or items that will be included in a box or envelope with other materials:
- Write the call number in pencil at the top of an acid free strip.
- Trim the strip to a smaller size, if necessary.
- Affix the barcode to the bottom of the strip.
- If item is going to preservation, print out the full cataloging record.
- If you have any questions, please contact Melissa De Fino.
13 Mar. 2006
Melissa De Fino