Additional Things to Remember When Selecting Records from OCLC
- Remember to open every OCLC record for review. Review of a record cannot be based on the title list alone.
- When you see that there are holdings in NJR on the OCLC record, STOP!
- GMD's and format must match the item in hand.
- O50 _4 and 090 are acceptable for order records when there is no 050 00 available. However, they need to be reviewed by a section head or other appropriate staff or faculty member. Copy catalogers cannot accept 050 _4's and 090's.
- For ordering purposes, it is okay to accept records without LCSH, when these are the only records available. However, this is not acceptable for Cataloging.
- OCLC's Guidelines for when to input a new record:
Last updated November 4, 2008