Priority Slips Highlights for Selectors
- Discard all old priority slips. The current slips have a June 2009 date at the bottom.
- Each item must have its own slip.
A Suggestion: If you have, or anticipate, many gift books of one kind (be it all the
same bookplate info, or sub-location, or item type, etc.), fill in a master copy of the Priority Slip
with the unvarying information and photocopy this new master copy. It will save you time!
- Priority 1s must be on salmon-colored paper; Priority 2s on yellow paper; Priority 0s on white.
- Selectors must fill out all of the fields in the top section of the slip. If Selectors do not fill out all of this section, catalogers will have to guess or spend time tracking down the needed information. Please help TAS by filling in all the fields!
- The space above the word "Priority 0  " must be left blank, as that is where the catalogers will write down information to End Processing and to DTS.
- Bookplate notes must read exactly as you want them on the item (physical) and/or on the bibliographic record (virtual).
Questions? Contact Carla Zimmerman, Head of Monographs Cataloging, at 848-445-5790 or at