- What materials are available for bookings?
- Who may request bookings?
- How much in advance do I need to make my request?
- How do I place my request?
- Where can I arrange to pickup a video?
- Where can I return my video?
- When will the title I requested be ready for pickup?
- How can I be sure that my request has been acted upon?
- Will my QuickSearch account inform me about bookings?
What materials are available for bookings?
Most audio-visual materials from the Libraries may be booked. Materials from the Dana and Smith library media collections are restricted to use by instructors and graduate students only.
Who may request bookings?
Faculty and graduate students may book audio-visual materials. The booking system is not available for undergraduate students, alumni, or guest borrowers.
How much in advance do I need to make my request?
- Three weekdays are needed to book a New Brunswick title for use throughout Rutgers.
- Three weekdays is needed to book a Dana Media title for use in Newark.
- One week is needed to book a Dana or Smith media title for use in New Brunswick/Piscataway or Camden.
How do I place my request?
Where can I arrange to pickup my video?
Pickup and return must be requested at one of the following library locations where media materials are handled:
- Art Library, next to Murray Hall (CAC)
- Alexander (CAC)
- Chang (Cook)
- Dana Library Circulation Desk (Newark)
- Kilmer (Livingston)
- LSM (Busch)
- Robeson (Camden)
- Smith (Newark)
Where can I return my video?
Pickup and return must be made at the library locations listed above.
When will the title I requested be ready for pickup?
Materials booked from New Brunswick are available for pickup from:
- 10 am the day before the "Date Needed" in New Brunswick/Piscataway
- 4 pm the day before the "Date Needed" in Camden and Newark
Materials booked from Dana and Smith libraries are available for pickup from:
- 10 am the day before the "Date Needed" in New Brunswick/Piscataway and Newark
- 4 pm the day before the "Date Needed" in Camden
While materials may be picked up during all library circulation or media desk open hours, delivery services operate on a Monday - Friday basis. Monday bookings, therefore, will be available at the requested location the Friday before, and Friday bookings are due the following Monday.
How can I be sure that my request has been acted upon?
Bookings are normally created in the Library Catalog the next weekday after the request is recieved. If your email address is in the online directory you will recieve automatic confirmation of the booking. Otherwise, you will be notified if the library cannot supply the item requested.
The status of your bookings can be checked at any time by logging in to your QuickSearch account, where you can view your bookings details.