Celebrating #OpenAccessWeek at Rutgers
5 Ways We Support Open Access:
- We maintain the RUcore repository and its SOAR portal to preserve and make available the wealth of research conducted at Rutgers University.
- The Open and Affordable Textbooks Program provides awards to faculty who are willing to use open education resources in place of high-cost textbooks.
- We publish several Open Access Journals, including the Journal of Jazz Studies and New Jersey Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal.
- We publish digital projects like the New Jersey Historical Maps Portal and The China Boom Project, a collection of over 100 videos with individuals to answer the question, "Why did China Boom?”
- Our data management specialists consult with researchers to help them plan, organize & preserve data so they are publicly available.