Celebrating #OpenAccessWeek at Rutgers
October 25, 2017
Textbooks, journals, data -- all things that are best when they are open. #OpenAccessWeek2017 celebrates transparency and access to knowledge. Libraries have always been at the fore of this movement and we are no exception.
5 Ways We Support Open Access:
- We maintain the RUcore repository and its SOAR portal to preserve and make available the wealth of research conducted at Rutgers University.
- The Open and Affordable Textbooks Program provides awards to faculty who are willing to use open education resources in place of high-cost textbooks.
- We publish several Open Access Journals, including the Journal of Jazz Studies and New Jersey Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal.
- We publish digital projects like the New Jersey Historical Maps Portal and The China Boom Project, a collection of over 100 videos with individuals to answer the question, "Why did China Boom?”
- Our data management specialists consult with researchers to help them plan, organize & preserve data so they are publicly available.
Join us as we celebrate the multitude of ways that Open Access makes scholarship and education better.