Fundraising for Libraries: Bootcamp
Are you unable to achieve your vision for the library because of your budget? Looking for ways to fund those innovative services and new collections, but unsure of how to get started? We can help you address these questions and many more you may have about how to become a successful fundraiser!
The Rutgers University Libraries are pleased to offer a two day intensive bootcamp on Fundraising. Increasingly fundraising or knowledge of fundraising is becoming an important skill for a library director or manager to have, as library budgets fall short of actual needs. This experiential learning event will focus on the fundamentals of the fundraising process with library leaders and university development officers guiding you step-by-step through the process and sharing best practices.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the major steps of the fundraising process
- Utilize appropriate resources to identify potential donors
- Develop and articulate a compelling vision statement
- Cultivate and sustain donor relationships
- Work collaboratively with development officers, individuals and donors to strengthen your overall fundraising strategy.
What You Will Learn
This bootcamp focuses on the nuts and bolts of the fundraising process. Using experiential learning strategies, it will provide attendees with an interactive, hands on environment as they walk through the major steps of the fundraising process:
- Articulating a compelling vision
- Identifying donors
- Securing financial commitment
- Creating a meaningful return on investment
- Creating a culture of development
Who Should Attend
Library Deans and Directors, Archives and Special Collections Managers/Directors and others in leadership positions who want to learn more about fund raising and library development.
Dates: Monday and Tuesday, May 18th - 19th, 2015
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: John Cotton Dana Library - Dana Room, 185 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102
Fee: $300 (materials, breakfast & lunch included)
Register: Register online by May 8th, 2015